Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

Bammur
01.06.2012 , 02:10 PM | #11
Another one I notice a lot is that the crafting window does not refresh properly. I.e. the numbers on the list of items you can create do not keep track of the resources you have. This is particularly true if you have your companions out gathering when you have the window open.

It shouldn't be that hard to update the numbers when the resource count changes.

I have also had some issues with the trainer not offering new recipes even though the + sign is over their head. The work around is to list 'all' recipes and train the ones you can now get. they will show as red, i.e. untrainable, but you can select and train them, Again, this seems to be a refresh issue, as it happens if you raise the skill and open the trainer window without some sort of zoning or logging.

Dorlomin
01.06.2012 , 02:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post

General Concerns:
  • Many players believe crafting skills are only useful for levels 1-49, all (except Biochem) are useless at endgame. This is because top-level Commendation and PvP gear is too easy to obtain and both have better stats than current top-level crafted gear. This includes Armoring/Mods/Barrels/Hilts/Enhancements crafted by players. Player-crafted modifiers only go up to version 22, vendor-bought modifiers go up to 24 making the former useless at endgame.
  • Many players see an extremely low chance for getting purple schematics from Reverse Engineering blue level 49 schematics. This chance seems much lower than for level 1-48 gear, is this working as intended?
  • Crafted Speederbikes are currently Bind-On-Pickup. Maybe players would like to see these changed to Bind-On-Equip so they can be sold. Also the crafted speederbikes are identical to the ones bought from vendors, only with different color schemes, if they are staying Bind-On-Pickup they should at least be made more unique.
  • Schematics for orange custom gear currently have a blue name, making them indistinguishable from normal blue gear. These should be changed to have an orange name, this should make it easier for crafters to see which gear in their crafting list is moddable and which is not.
The first one is actually pretty common among MMO's. If you look at WoW for example (The benchmark everyone likes to measure against), 95+% of the craftable items are worse than what you could purchase from vendors with points earned. The real issue/concern is that there is no incentive to level a crafting profession at all. There are no real perks like you'd find in WoW.

Crafted mounts are typically BoP amongst other games. However just a simple color change is awfully lame (unless you REALLY like the crafted color).

The last one makes perfect sense, schematics for orange colored gear should be orange IMO.

PlayLoud
01.06.2012 , 03:22 PM | #13
I thought I had heard this before...

http://www.swtor-life.com/interview/...nd-video/2830/

Quote:
Daniel Erickson: In a very general sense, the philosophy is: best in best in best in slot in the whole universe is probably going to come from your raids, because that is what drives people. The one, and it is not secondary, it is the one right under that. The thing you are going to want to put on your whole guild in order to run the n-level raid is going to be the crafted stuff. That said, you know that guy that speaks really fast : “All these things may change, everything may go. None of this store stuff has to do what may ship in the final game.” Nobody knows what it actually might be because we’ve got a thousand plus people testing it and things changes constantly. Damion is (Damion Schubert, lead systems designer), that man is overloaded. I was bugging him the other day. I was like “what happened to the missions” and he explained to me and, oh okay, that makes sense.
This is one thing I am sorry to hear they changed. I think having crafted gear right below raid gear is a great idea. Having crafted gear below easy to obtain PvP/Commendation gear is NOT a good idea. Hopefully there will be some better schematics for crafters in the future.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
Video: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 10 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Dorlomin
01.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
I thought I had heard this before...

http://www.swtor-life.com/interview/...nd-video/2830/

This is one thing I am sorry to hear they changed. I think having crafted gear right below raid gear is a great idea. Having crafted gear below easy to obtain PvP/Commendation gear is NOT a good idea. Hopefully there will be some better schematics for crafters in the future.
Well that comment (your interview quote) should really irk a large number of crafters in this forum who are crying that their gear should be equal to raid/pvp gear lol.

Delance
01.06.2012 , 03:36 PM | #15
To take the crafted gear issue one step even further, the Purple designs that Armormech gets from REing are 100% inferior to every other obtainable item, simply due to stat allocation.

the stats for the crafted Purple gear get assigned to "secondary" stats such as accuracy, crit, surge, alacrity, etc. A properly moded Orange will just simply be better because it allocates a high amount of stat allocation to the primary stats, and lower secondary values.

I'm guessing that Synthweaving is in the same boat?

At least we can make some Orange gear pieces to feel somewhat needed.
IO - Mercenary
Grievance - The Shadowlands

Rhaphael
01.06.2012 , 03:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by thatmaskedman View Post
I'd say wrong faction schematics dropping from the advanced gather (investigation, underworld trading, etc) missions should definitely be up there.
Added to bug list.

Rhaphael
01.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bammur View Post
Another one I notice a lot is that the crafting window does not refresh properly. I.e. the numbers on the list of items you can create do not keep track of the resources you have. This is particularly true if you have your companions out gathering when you have the window open.

It shouldn't be that hard to update the numbers when the resource count changes.

I have also had some issues with the trainer not offering new recipes even though the + sign is over their head. The work around is to list 'all' recipes and train the ones you can now get. they will show as red, i.e. untrainable, but you can select and train them, Again, this seems to be a refresh issue, as it happens if you raise the skill and open the trainer window without some sort of zoning or logging.
Both added.

cpdm
01.06.2012 , 05:12 PM | #18
+sticky this thread, please

Rhaphael
01.09.2012 , 01:50 AM | #19
Added the bug when you link an item in chat it doesn't show all stats.

Please vote this thread for sticky!

Chaffery
01.09.2012 , 02:36 AM | #20
@Rhaphael

I managed RE 2 vibroblades, haven't tried further from blue.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/vibro.jpg/