Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok, this is too much

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

blubomber
01.06.2012 , 08:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Abruptum View Post
I appreciate a daily patch, since it shows they're making some kind of attempt to fix the game, but that's a double-edged sword - a game that cost several hundred million dollars to make shouldn't need a patch a day for three days in a row.

This shows your complete ignorance of the process of creating a piece of software. Find me 1 bug free piece of software and i will fly to wherever you are and hand you $100.
Feel the wrath and power that it holds
I will make you a goddess and angel
You will be remembered forever
Honor me, the Angel Maker
I give you your wings

Beta Squadron 367

Tokashi_ZA
01.06.2012 , 08:08 AM | #22
All i see is QQing. Less QQ and more pew pew.

If the servers are down, do something else.

Abruptum
01.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkiii View Post
This your first MMO launch isn't it?

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ....
You seem to be confused - I wasn't even complaining about the time zones, in fact, I think complaining about time zones is pointless because it'll always interfere with someone's playing somewhere in the world. I don't like what's having to be patched though - seriously, they didn't check what emotes did in combat? They didn't check what emotes did on vehicles? They didn't make sure AA and textures worked? The things they're patching should have been working before release, they're the sort of thing you'd think they'd check first.

Quote: Originally Posted by blubomber View Post
This shows your complete ignorance of the process of creating a piece of software. Find me 1 bug free piece of software and i will fly to wherever you are and hand you $100.
As I said above, I never said it should be bug free. WoW still isn't bug-free nearly a decade after release. But TOR has some big bugs that shouldn't be happening if alpha and beta testing had been done properly.

Diling-Hiling
01.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #24

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ...

I guarantee that you will complain 10 times more if there was a bug preventing you to log in at all. Right?

That's what they're focused on right now ... your time zone has no bearing on the quality of this game. If you don't like it, go play something else.
From the brain of a "fan".
Analysis complete. Negative sentence. A well made game should not leave as many bugs open as to cause three downtimes in three days.
Problem: Someone stated a fair point that can not be bashed as easily.
Solution: Kill the persons credibility.
Answer calculated. Execute.

Zanathax
01.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #25

Seriously, it's a game. A game that can either be updated on a consistent basis to bring us the best quality product that can be offered, or updates can be pushed aside so that people like you are not inconvenienced ...

I guarantee that you will complain 10 times more if there was a bug preventing you to log in at all. Right?

That's what they're focused on right now ... your time zone has no bearing on the quality of this game. If you don't like it, go play something else.
No. It's about my 15th MMO launch. Going to bac to Ultima Online. Most of them didn't do this at launch. They might bring the servers down for an little while(30 minutes t o2 hours) but 8 or 10 hours for a patch? 3 nights in a row? Nope. You claiming that this is necessary or normal for MMO launches shows your ignorance. It does NOT take this long to patch an MMO. This is a policy decision from BW... and it's a poor one.

So I;m complaining. I get to do that - Freedom of Speech and all that. If someone doesn't they won't change.

Gorantharon
01.06.2012 , 08:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykologist View Post
You've heard it guys! Zanathax is up at night.

MOVE THE MAINTNENCE WINDOW TO DAYTIME, GENTS!
Europe Maitenance IS daytime.

flunkorg
01.06.2012 , 08:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by arbuznos View Post
Get life and stop playing this silly game, nerd.
Your arguing on a MMO forum and you have the tenacity to use the term "nerd" as an insult?
Ha.
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The game isn't broken, some of the playerbase is.

Phadian_gess
01.06.2012 , 08:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by arbuznos View Post
Get life and stop playing this silly game, nerd.
that implies you have a life and if thats the case....why are you here?
Haters, They gonna hate
www.Youtube.com/user/zanove
^---my youtube channel for covers and music

Kaphik
01.06.2012 , 08:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Diling-Hiling View Post
From the brain of a "fan".
Analysis complete. Negative sentence. A well made game should not leave as many bugs open as to cause three downtimes in three days.
Problem: Someone stated a fair point that can not be bashed as easily.
Solution: Kill the persons credibility.
Answer calculated. Execute.
So you are saying Skyrim wasn't a well made game? Did you happen to see all the Youtube videos of bugs, many gamebreaking, that popped up in the first week?!

Mertissielle
01.06.2012 , 08:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
Yeah, shouldn't you be at work or school during the day? I know I am here in the US, so I play at night.
Because nobody in the history of earth ever had a night job, right?

Most MMOs have different patch hours for different regions.

EVE is the only exception I know of because it's all one single server and they found a time for maintenance that is generally okay for both the US and EU markets.

It's not impossible.