vivicar awaits - killing lord vivicar

hydrica

Hey,

Im trying to do this class quest but wondering if im missing something, he is pretty much one shotting me, i cant heal through it and regardless of which companion i use doesnt seem to make a difference. I fail at the moment to see how this is solable.

You want to line of sight his big casting ability or interrupt it. I managed to kill him at level 29 by running around the objects in the room when he started to cast it.

I can't remember the name of the spell though.

This fight as well as a number more along the quest will be largely about your ability to interrupt the big abilities. When you see those blue bars building up (or sometimes down for a channel), use mind snap, stun, low blow, lift, or LOS if possible and where appropriate.

I was lvl 29, he lvl 34 elite...

But I was lazy (after the fight with Sidonie.. stupid bi*ch!) and brought a friend (lvl 30 consular with the option enabled in social settings to allow for same class in class quests)..

He fell within like 30 seconds and gave me an easy time, just standing and healing Qyzen, while my friend hitted hard on him :cool:

• 4 months later...

The point is it is supposed to be a level 32 quest.

When you are getting one-shotted by a level 34 elite..that must be a balance issue.

I don't care about the tactics, if it is labeled as a 32 quest, it should be achievable at 32.

It shouldn't be that the only quest I have left I can't complete because the boss is 2 levels

higher than me.

I have to grind out another couple of levels to do this quest?

I thought they didn't want us to grind?

If I go into a level 32 quest...that's what I expect to find enemy wise,

Not a level 34 elite who one shots me...

Edited by Rammboo

When you are getting one-shotted by a level 34 elite..that must be a balance issue.

I don't care about the tactics, if it is labeled as a 32 quest, it should be achievable at 32.

It shouldn't be that the only quest I have left I can't complete because the boss is 2 levels

higher than me.

I have to grind out another couple of levels to do this quest?

I thought they didn't want us to grind?

It is possible at lower level than 32, I hit level 30 in the corridor outside and managed it second go once I spotted his one shot cast. After that it was pretty straightforward. You just need to interrupt him.

one of two things, either a) you have not played much mmo's as nearly all mmo's with a "boss" quest has the boss a lvl or sometimes 3 higher than the toon/quest, or b) its clearly a l2play your class issue

Edited by Zenthrax

one of two things, either a) you have not played much mmo's as nearly all mmo's with a "boss" quest has the boss a lvl or sometimes 3 higher than the toon/quest, or b) its clearly a l2play your class issue

A) Wrong.

B) The first time my Consular died while playing solo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just completed as L29. Breaking LoS was key. At L29 it is hard because so many of your abilities miss him. I imagine it would be a lot easier at L30+. The fight lasted a while as I slowly chipped away at him. Unfortunately, most of my DoTs didn't land.

I don't care about the tactics

"And this ... is why you fail"