Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Matchmaking system needed.

Autumnsbane
01.22.2012 , 09:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandaman View Post
No No No No No NOOO!! That is a big reason the WoW community has been ruined. There is no need to socialize anymore, just click a button and be on your way. The way it is now is perfect, if you act like an *** and steal **** (this would happen if a x-server LFG was implemented) than you get a bad rep on the server and no groups. I do not ever want to see a cross server LFG again. Keep it in the same server fine, but don't cross the servers ever.
Yes, this hampered the "bonding with the community" issue. But the numbers of players who began using the content skyrocketed. In fact, when they added the raid finder recently, record numbers of players took up raiding.

You can't force being social on people by withholding game mechanics. You CAN get more people to play the game if game mechanics make certain play more accessible.

I have done zero flashpoints and only one heroic because I can't stand spamming chat channels in hopes of getting a nibble. If we had a button to click to get me into one without an hour of prep work, finding people to play with and travelling (or waiting for them to travel), I would do that all the time.

Guess what...this is how some people BECOME social. By meeting people this way, joining their guilds and adding to friends lists. Some people are shy or sensitive or merely less bold and gregarious than others. Let's get them into the game too!

Darth_Bond
01.22.2012 , 09:16 PM | #22
matchmaking system eh?

I suggest eharmony

or better yet, real life!
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

Gunzwei
01.23.2012 , 12:40 AM | #23
Definitely needs something. 10 year old games handled this better than swtor currently does.
Gunz - 50 Merc, Iron Citadel
Gunzwei - 50 Jugg, Iron Citadel
Gunzwei - 3x PT, Black Vulkars

CygnisJunior
01.23.2012 , 01:07 AM | #24
No one in my guild was online, so I tried to get a group together for False Emperor. Took over 30 minutes.

WoW did it awesome, there was no sense of community lost (at least from Release-WotLK, which is when I played). I would often recognize people who were looking for a group.