Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Matchmaking system needed.

solo-nite
01.06.2012 , 07:07 AM | #1
We really do need a Flashpoint/Operations matchmaking system, it's a real pain to get a group for a flashpoint. Been trying to get to taral V for a while (which keeps bugging as you go to revive from first boss that resets it does a client crash to the whole group) and I can't seem to get any luck getting a group.

You need a system (possible cross server too) where you can select flashpoint/operation select your role (tank/DPS/healer) and go into a queue.

I know it's early days for the game but it's something to consider or at least have a server wide LFG channel for now while something like the matchmaking system can be implemented.

Vandaman
01.06.2012 , 07:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by solo-nite View Post
We really do need a Flashpoint/Operations matchmaking system, it's a real pain to get a group for a flashpoint. Been trying to get to taral V for a while (which keeps bugging as you go to revive from first boss that resets it does a client crash to the whole group) and I can't seem to get any luck getting a group.

You need a system (possible cross server too) where you can select flashpoint/operation select your role (tank/DPS/healer) and go into a queue.

I know it's early days for the game but it's something to consider or at least have a server wide LFG channel for now while something like the matchmaking system can be implemented.
No No No No No NOOO!! That is a big reason the WoW community has been ruined. There is no need to socialize anymore, just click a button and be on your way. The way it is now is perfect, if you act like an *** and steal **** (this would happen if a x-server LFG was implemented) than you get a bad rep on the server and no groups. I do not ever want to see a cross server LFG again. Keep it in the same server fine, but don't cross the servers ever.

Mac_Garen
01.06.2012 , 07:19 AM | #3
Yes, yes, yeees
Yo momma's so stupid, she spent all day saying 'am not' to R2!

BossALike
01.06.2012 , 07:29 AM | #4
Agree! LFG-system/channel would save so much time. I hate running around on Imperial Fleet and wait for others to show up. I would like to do some questing at the same time Im looking for a group. Sometimes it take around 30mins to find a full group.

Jedi_Fredo
01.06.2012 , 07:41 AM | #5
No, make friends and be social ...

Suzakuxp
01.06.2012 , 07:44 AM | #6
^ This

Also this isn't WoW, use guildmates/general chat to find a group like everyone else is instead of complaining about it on here.
Raggidy - 50 -
Ch'sei - 30 -

Nitewolfe
01.06.2012 , 08:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by solo-nite View Post

I fully support the OP we need a better system!!

PhoenixMatrix
01.06.2012 , 08:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandaman View Post
No No No No No NOOO!! That is a big reason the WoW community has been ruined. There is no need to socialize anymore, just click a button and be on your way. The way it is now is perfect, if you act like an *** and steal **** (this would happen if a x-server LFG was implemented) than you get a bad rep on the server and no groups. I do not ever want to see a cross server LFG again. Keep it in the same server fine, but don't cross the servers ever.
Thats why the DDO system is by far the best. Its not automated, but allows party leaders to advertise their group in a common interface that shows everyone who/what is in the party already, which classes are still options for the last slots, which quest the party is planning on doing, arbitrary comment, etc.

Then people who want to join pushes a "join" button to send a request. The party leader can then talk with the person, decides if they want them, and accept/deny.

basically, its all the convenience of the automated system, with most of the social interaction still in there.

http://www.mmocrunch.com/wp-content/...ew/ddo-lfg.jpg

Gretha
01.06.2012 , 09:12 AM | #9
I don't get it.
you can flag yourself as LFG including a comment what for and your role.
just type LFG into the WHO/Seach window and see for yourself.

Make the the discripion winow more structured and you are done.
no need for any automatic match making sutff.
There is just no way a single X-Wing could have blowen up the Deathstar.
It was in Insidejob by the Empire to have a reason for the invasion of Hoth.

Fel_G
01.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #10
I subscribe to both WoW and TOR and I prefer that they remain different games, not just in story..

No cross server matchmaking pl0x.