Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

system requirements

JohruIssto
01.06.2012 , 06:17 AM | #1
Hello, im new to the game, like as of today. and my (i assume ) frame rates are shocking!

I havent got a a super PC but if anyone could help with advice to upgrade my spec i would greatly appreciate it. I suspect more than anything however its my cpu speed. Anyways here;s what i got :-

Minimum

CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

CPU Speed
2.3 GHz

RAM
: 4.5 GB

OS
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

Video Card
You Have: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 1.3 GB
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Thank you would appreciate a quick response cus i wanna play already!
Russ

lavitra
01.06.2012 , 06:28 AM | #2
Your video card is running off your motherboard. You really want an a seperate video card for gaming. Your OS is a memory hog, and is 32 bit so its even worse. Best bet is to get xp or win7. Cpu isnt the best it should run at the lowest setting. In my opinion i would just invest in a new computer. You can buy a build a computer for this game for like 500ish.

JohruIssto
01.06.2012 , 06:42 AM | #3
i should have said im not after a super hot spec just something that will run it smoother than it is so a simple fix at least for now not got the funds for complete overall but thanks for extra speedy reply

Nilenya
01.06.2012 , 06:49 AM | #4
I have an intel duo core too, which is faster than yours. at 3.16 - Just want to let you know that after the last patch swtor.exe is taking up 75% of cpu capacity running the cpu temp close to max for its type, which is 72.5C - Ive had a hard restart twice while playing. You might be ok, since my pc is around 2 yrs old, and the thermal paste could have decayed some, but for your own sake download pc probe from asus or a similar tool to monitor your temp.

insaneshell
01.06.2012 , 06:51 AM | #5
your grahics are below spec

Circusmaximus
01.06.2012 , 07:00 AM | #6
Based on some of the other threads that are discussing in-game performance, it is becoming obvious this game is putting a disproportinate amount of load on the core CPU and not using the graphics card as much as it should.

If your CPU is running less than 2.5 GHz speed you most likely will have problems, regardless of what the game "System Requirements" says.

I run a 2.6 GHz quad-core with 4GB of RAM and a 1GB vid card with little or no issue in this game. I also run a 32-bit Windows Vista OS. I know I need to get rid of Vista and run Windows 7 64-bit, but I don't know if my chipset can do that.

I haven't tried to PvP yet.

I have to laugh at folks crying they are not getting 60FPS. The human eye cannot see anything higher than 30.

Peace

NewbieLam
01.06.2012 , 07:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Circusmaximus View Post
Based on some of the other threads that are discussing in-game performance, it is becoming obvious this game is putting a disproportinate amount of load on the core CPU and not using the graphics card as much as it should.

If your CPU is running less than 2.5 GHz speed you most likely will have problems, regardless of what the game "System Requirements" says.

I run a 2.6 GHz quad-core with 4GB of RAM and a 1GB vid card with little or no issue in this game. I also run a 32-bit Windows Vista OS. I know I need to get rid of Vista and run Windows 7 64-bit, but I don't know if my chipset can do that.

I haven't tried to PvP yet.

I have to laugh at folks crying they are not getting 60FPS. The human eye cannot see anything higher than 30.

Peace
Ya but running at 30fps mean any drop will cause jumps in image perception to the human eye.

That why the 60fps is the head room require for smooth gameplay.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather... Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

JohruIssto
01.06.2012 , 07:18 AM | #8
ok seems i need some new gear...stroke of luck however my mates selling one with this spec better right?

Intel Quad Core 2.4GHz Processor
6 GB of Corsair 1066MHz RAM
3 Hard drives:
NEW - 60GB Solid State Drive For Operating System
NEW - 2TB For Data Storage
500GB for installing programs

An Audiophile 2496 Soundcard

GeForce 8800GT Graphics Card with 512MB RAM (HDMI adapter included)

thanks for all your replys really appreciate it

Spackymoose
01.06.2012 , 08:17 AM | #9
yes its better