Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gankstah
01.15.2012 , 01:32 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
People have been given 1 week suspensions for this exploit and have had all credits removed from their characters.

This is basically Bioware's final warning to said individuals, any other problems they cause = perma-ban.
Dumb exploiters.

I'm not saying exploiting is dumb, I'm saying THOSE exploiters were dumb. You know how easy it is to filter duped money through the AH? All you need is a separate account, which of course will be banned, and an off site location to game so they can't IP trace it back to you. You won't have as much as you would with the actual duping account but you'll still end up with enough duped cash that you won't have to worry about money for awhile.

Dumb, greedy little exploiters.

KoruptData
01.15.2012 , 05:24 PM | #372
So I know its been confirmed that exploiters not only are suspended a week but also lose all credits? What about gear?

burunduchok
01.16.2012 , 06:12 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
People have been given 1 week suspensions for this exploit and have had all credits removed from their characters.

This is basically Bioware's final warning to said individuals, any other problems they cause = perma-ban.
Can you provide a proof?

bump. still waiting for official response

and yes, I do not care about HighRes textures a bit

MoarPowar
01.16.2012 , 10:17 AM | #374
Right... The accounts caught in the dupe were given a 1-week suspension, and it is still speculated whether or not those characters had credits/items removed.

But, the fact remains that on those other public forums that they talk about those exploits, multiple members are already talking about how they sent 50 million+ to multiple alt ACCOUNTS which did not receive a ban and which still have the credits.

The 'smart' ones that did this on alt accounts basically only paid $60 to have hundreds of millions (some said billions) in this game.

So while Joe Derpaderp did this and made maybe 1-10 mil off it and got banned for a week and will log in to a toon with 5 credits and a medpack, another guy with 2+ accounts ran it automated for days and is sitting on more credits than 99% of his server combined and no penalty.

Insane.

Blue
01.16.2012 , 10:23 AM | #375
fellow posted just yesterday that he exploited 10 mil credits, got a 72 hour ban, and still has the credits!!!

Anyone else notice prices SKYROCKETING?
Elmdor Hellsing (Lowca) -- Former SWG Pre-CU Smuggler

DavesTheName
01.16.2012 , 10:29 AM | #376
Hmm... I may rethink my subscription. EVE Online are going back to their roots I hear.

Blue
01.16.2012 , 03:31 PM | #377
On the topic of EVE

Bioware could take a lesson from how EVE handled exploiting by being open with the community about steps taken.

solint
01.16.2012 , 04:20 PM | #378
Rollback to beta, relaunch as needed

Blue
01.16.2012 , 06:44 PM | #379
Its a pretty serious issue.

BeeblesTV
01.16.2012 , 06:47 PM | #380
From redit.

[]StephenReid 127 points 10 days ago
As you can tell, we're acting aggressively to deal with issues that may cause exploits that can unbalance the game. We take these issues extremely seriously.
We're conducting a full investigation into these issues right now. Rest assured, when we discover those who were involved in these exploits, we'll be taking action against them. If wider actions are required across the game, we'll take those too.