Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FnClassy
01.06.2012 , 08:11 PM | #291
Nobody got banned when exploiting the space missions in the first 3 days of early launch and getting level 50 in 2 days, or the fact that people were pulling millions off of slicing right from the get go, then you have the people getting into Ilum early getting loot. So when it really boils down to it, Bioware would have to ban half the people playing to make things right in this situation. So honestly, how would that help them out? Not saying that any of this is ok, but these are their own pretty large mistakes that they should have been on top of long before this happened.

CelesWylder
01.06.2012 , 08:16 PM | #292
At least they responded to this issue. There's plenty of others they seem to just ignore.

Thiussat
01.06.2012 , 08:27 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by xhaiquan View Post
That link gives zero details. It just says people were selling stacks to vendors. Stacks of what? What was the actual exploit?

Ranid
01.06.2012 , 08:37 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Thiussat View Post
That link gives zero details. It just says people were selling stacks to vendors. Stacks of what? What was the actual exploit?
The point of not being explicit with the details to to prevent those that don't know from jumping on the bandwagon of doing wrong.

So the question rises, "Why do you really want to know?"

Exploits are not supposed to be advertised especially on these forum. I think anyone asking about them should get a temp ban from the forums. And permabanned for using the exploits ingame.

Edit: And anyone posting the exploits on these forums should be permabanned from the forums.
Organ Harvester: "Are you deaf? I asked for Iridonian hearts! Not Rodian, Not Ithorian! Iridonian!"
Organ Harvester: "What do you want me to do, put them back?"

Thiussat
01.06.2012 , 08:41 PM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranid View Post
The point of not being explicit with the details to to prevent those that don't know from jumping on the bandwagon of doing wrong.

So the question rises, "Why do you really want to know?"

Exploits are not supposed to be advertised especially on these forum. I think anyone asking about them should get a temp ban from the forums. And permabanned for using the exploits ingame.
Thank you, morality police. I don't care about using any such exploit. I have actually been too busy playing the actual game. You know having fun, instead of trying to be some lame gold farmer.

I only ask out of curiosity because it seems like a huge technical glitch that should have been caught long before the game's release. I only wonder if people were being "clever" and abusing some legit mechanic or if there is an actual bug in the code somewhere.

Xtrema
01.06.2012 , 08:43 PM | #296
wow I've been so out of the loop, had no idea about this. But actually it isn't too big of a problem right? As long as the exploiters spend that money and put it back into the economy we'll be fine, just a little inflation :P

SWTOR-GR
01.06.2012 , 08:54 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
wow I've been so out of the loop, had no idea about this. But actually it isn't too big of a problem right? As long as the exploiters spend that money and put it back into the economy we'll be fine, just a little inflation :P
No .....

This game is an mmo and if they allow these actions , they just screw the time that many players spend of their life to be better in crafting , in exploring , in questing .

By allowing these actions to exploiters they through from the game the legit players.

They must choose what players want in to their fan-base .
Swtor Greece
▀ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀▐|▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

SithLordthirteen
01.06.2012 , 08:59 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Asung View Post
Another interesting idea: FIRE/DISMISS the person who overlooked this exploit, why is something so important like this overlooked before the game was released.
So you want them to fire every QA person? Seriously? And every programmer? Why not just fire the whole staff? These issues aren't one person's responsibility.
"You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Druidys
01.06.2012 , 09:00 PM | #299
Bioware made the exploit possible. Of course people are gonna abuse it, why wouldn't they?

Ranid
01.06.2012 , 09:03 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Thiussat View Post
Thank you, morality police. I don't care about using any such exploit. I have actually been too busy playing the actual game. You know having fun, instead of trying to be some lame gold farmer.

I only ask out of curiosity because it seems like a huge technical glitch that should have been caught long before the game's release. I only wonder if people were being "clever" and abusing some legit mechanic or if there is an actual bug in the code somewhere.
You are welcome. But what does it matter how it is done. Bioware says they fixed it and are aware of the problem. That should be the end of it.

It is also against the terms of conduct on the forums.

Exploit any bug in the Service or in any BioWare product to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

So it is more than morality.
Organ Harvester: "Are you deaf? I asked for Iridonian hearts! Not Rodian, Not Ithorian! Iridonian!"
Organ Harvester: "What do you want me to do, put them back?"