Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracsoul's Avatar


Dracsoul
01.06.2012 , 07:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jdgdcg View Post
The first patch broke the slicing skill.
The second patch broke exploits.
The third patch broke more exploits.

Eight hours every time, at least, to resolve... NOTHING of the game itself. I don't care about exploits. I care about trying to play and if i can't harvest anything and Bioware is more troubled about the exploits... we've a problem. How many players are affected by the exploits? And how many about the lots of bugs?
More work for the players please.
agreed..

Zlodo's Avatar


Zlodo
01.06.2012 , 07:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Chompski View Post
2. Withdrawal of all illegal creds from circulation.
That's just not possible.

Some of these credits have been turned into various mats and goods by paying for crew skill missions. And some of those goods have been bought by other players who have equipped them or used them to craft stuff, etc. I don't think having some of your gear being suddenly deleted because it was tainted by money duped by other people would be a very popular move.

Some of these credits have bought stuff off the gtn from other players, too. Then they used those credits to buy things, and so on. You can't revert all that stuff without penalizing players who never did any exploiting themselves.

Banning people who used the exploit is a no brainer, but fixing the effects it had on the economy is far from easy.
Eleris, Jedi Shadow, Lord Calypho
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

annese's Avatar


annese
01.06.2012 , 07:58 AM | #23
open a new server, i refuse to keep playing knowing this...

xhaiquan's Avatar


xhaiquan
01.06.2012 , 07:59 AM | #24
If bioware does not provide its community of some type of public response, and actions taken, to this issue then I wash my hands of this game.

Dracsoul's Avatar


Dracsoul
01.06.2012 , 07:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chompski View Post
Dear community, I urge you all to contribute your thoughts to this topic as frequently as possible.

As many of you know by now, SWTOR's recent patch removed some serious financial exploit which have caused economies on all of the game's servers to be badly damaged. Players was able to, naturally, generate infinite amounts of credtis to meet all their possible and impossible needs.
More info can be found here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...of_you_out_of/

In my humble opinion, many people (me included), upon realising inequity of this "little" problem, will be "in thought", to say the least.
When we talking about some kind of PVP exploiting, or even little PVE exploiting (like recent /getdown bug), this is tolerable, because "main stream" of players is unaffected. But when we talking about MMORPG server's economy, this poses a very huge threat to all its inhabitants, because it is bread and butter of the game. Those who think otherwise may want to ignore this post and do something else instead.

So, it rises 2 critical questions to Bioware:

1. Firstly, what measures will be taken against exploiters?

2. Secondly, but more importantly, how do you intend to combat those tricky types who used evasive maneuvres of washing off those illegal credits ( using throwaway accounts, GTN transactions, in-game mail etc)?


Let us not allow this dire situation to be resolved by temporary suspension, which really not help much.

What I personally like to see:
1. Temporary/Permabans to exploiters (really people, you should've known what you're doing in advance), theirs throwaway and main accounts.
2. Withdrawal of all illegal creds from circulation.
I can positivly say this exploit does not effect me of many other thousands of customers at this time because myself and many thousands of other customers cannot really play this game because of the serious issues which prevent us, FPS is probably the predominant issue and really needs priority, doesn't seem that way, but on the brighter side, all those of you who have been having the long queue waiting times, soon, when the free 30 subcription runs dry, you will no longer have that problem because many thousand customers who cannot really play as intended will walk away and maybe when the MAJOR game breaking issues for those customers gets addressed some may even return.. I hope these exploits are not stressing you too much and ruining your happy place, at least you can enjoy the game you paid for..

Kaphik's Avatar


Kaphik
01.06.2012 , 08:00 AM | #26
So what's the big deal about people having all that money right now in the game? They get to buy a bunch of the VIP passes? Is there really such a run of high level crafted items on the GTN that people are unfairly buying them up?

Chompski's Avatar


Chompski
01.06.2012 , 08:02 AM | #27
To all those who "dont give a damn".
Let me get something straight. If this ... situation is fine with you than you can have, as I like to say sometimes, a flag in your hand and an anchor in your ***.

Its absolutely OK to have your own opinion.

But. Do not try to impose that "ALL is ok aptitude" of yours to all those who really cares.

Shillen's Avatar


Shillen
01.06.2012 , 08:06 AM | #28
The problem is the exploiters that weren't idiots were using a dummy account to generate millions of credits and spreading those credits to other accounts (guildmates, friends) in many small transfers. You can't ban people for receiving credits in the mail. They didn't exploit anything.

The damage is done, there is literally nothing BioWare can do to fix it.

Kaphik's Avatar


Kaphik
01.06.2012 , 08:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Chompski View Post
To all those who "dont give a damn".
Let me get something straight. If this ... situation is fine with you than you can have, as I like to say sometimes, a flag in your hand and an anchor in your ***.

Its absolutely OK to have your own opinion.

But. Do not try to impose that "ALL is ok aptitude" of yours to all those who really cares.
You make no sense. At all. First you say if someone isn't agreeing with you that this is a massive problem, one that causes gnashing of teeth and screams of agony at the injustice of it all that they are somehow incorrect. Using a pretty stupid analogy, no less. Then you say that it's ok to have a differing opinion.

Kaphik's Avatar


Kaphik
01.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
The problem is the exploiters that weren't idiots were using a dummy account to generate millions of credits and spreading those credits to other accounts (guildmates, friends) in many small transfers. You can't ban people for receiving credits in the mail. They didn't exploit anything.

The damage is done, there is literally nothing BioWare can do to fix it.
They sort of can, assuming they go about it the way Blizzard did. Gold and items that were gained by exploitation or illegal activities were removed from all participating characters many times in WoW, even stuff sent through the mail. It's all tracked.