Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treasure Hunting got ninja nerfed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Treasure Hunting got ninja nerfed?

ArchonSaar
01.06.2012 , 05:45 AM | #1
Maybe i just hit a bad RNG, but starting 2 days ago, the returns from TH became much, much smaller than before; Whereas I was constantly getting blue items and even oranges from bountiful/rich missions, now i only get useless greens and a relic now and then...I've yet to see a blue and i'm already 200 TH on an alt

SteveGarbage
01.06.2012 , 07:49 AM | #2
My beef was that trying to get Krayt Dragon Pearls (level 3 purple gemstone) was taking me an insane amount of time. In the same time that I got the six or whatever pearls I needed for some advanced crafting, I also picked up like 150 Tatooine Flamegem. The drop seemed way low.

Because of it, I've determined that I'm not going to bother with trying to RE to the purple level items because it's just not worth the credit dump, especially considering that by the time I can craft I'm nearing the next level of craftables anyway.

cadianzz
01.06.2012 , 07:52 AM | #3
Reward from 340 mission definitely got a nerf

aka_matrix_pwner
01.06.2012 , 08:23 AM | #4
haven't ever got an orange drop from treasure hunting.

azarath
01.06.2012 , 08:49 AM | #5
Krayt Dragon pearls and various other mats from treasure hunting have greater availability from the dropped mission. You can most of those missions on the GTN i was having issues finding some of those mats in till i started getting those missions and now the only gem i have a hard time getting is the Level 6 gem that starts with a c can remember the name.
Methuselahs Child
Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny, for we are the Sith'ari and we will set the galaxy ablaze.
Change never comes peacefully, it is heralded by the screams of the oppressed.

ccgod
01.06.2012 , 09:21 AM | #6
my only beef is that people are selling 340 missions over 10k instead of the 5 they're suppose to be for what little we get we can't make a profit on them

MnMrMustard
01.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ccgod View Post
my only beef is that people are selling 340 missions over 10k instead of the 5 they're suppose to be for what little we get we can't make a profit on them
That's in direct relation to the slicing nerf. Not as many people actually doing slicing misisons so the supply of the missions goes down,
MnMrMustard

Ainianu
01.06.2012 , 11:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ccgod View Post
i sell mine between 5k and 15k depending on the type, (treasure hunting is a 15k one)
Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading = 15k each and sell within 30mins
Archeology and Scavenging = 10k each and sell within the 1 day list
Investigation and Diplomacy = 4670 (default sale price) and 'may' sell sometimes.

Its about supply and demand...
If there is a high demand for them even at 15k (and ive seen people in channels offering 20k or so for them) then someone is making a profit on them in some manner

Azure_Prower
01.07.2012 , 05:26 AM | #9
I can confirm the nerf.

2 days prior. I was getting relics every mission if I did the right one. Usually greens, some times blues and on the odd occasion a purple or orange.

Now? I'm lucky if I get any thing more than a credit box that pays less than what the mission costs to do.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

SkimMilkXP
01.24.2012 , 05:53 AM | #10
TH def got nerfed. All i get is credit boxes when i was getting items everytime. good ones too! this sucks. almost not worth it any more like slicing.