Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

age required to play?

aaelement's Avatar


aaelement
01.06.2012 , 05:43 AM | #1
so i made this swtor account about a week ago, i realized i put my birth date wrong. When i asked for it to be corrected they said they don't change the dates. I want my swotr account to be legit and have no problems, so i proceeded to make a new swotr account and when i put in my correct birth date it says "Sorry, you do not meet the criteria" I'm 16 tho? isn't the game rated T for teen.

Revan-the-knight's Avatar


Revan-the-knight
01.06.2012 , 05:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by aaelement View Post
so i made this swtor account about a week ago, i realized i put my birth date wrong. When i asked for it to be corrected they said they don't change the dates. I want my swotr account to be legit and have no problems, so i proceeded to make a new swotr account and when i put in my correct birth date it says "Sorry, you do not meet the criteria" I'm 16 tho? isn't the game rated T for teen.
it is, however websites usually have that problem
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

TonyDonovan's Avatar


TonyDonovan
01.06.2012 , 05:47 AM | #3
Try to read the EULA to figure this one out if not try to contact a GM via forums email or anything and ask about your issue. Hopefully this helps in some way good luck and happy hunting!

Hokuai's Avatar


Hokuai
01.06.2012 , 05:52 AM | #4
"These Terms of Service, as well as EAs Privacy Policy available at privacy.ea.com (incorporated herein by reference) form legally binding contracts between you and EA. By using EA Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live) or that you have reviewed this Agreement with your parent or guardian and he or she assents to these Terms of Service on your behalf and takes full responsibility for your compliance with them. You agree that you and/or your parent or guardian are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service."

The game may be rated T for teen, but you are not old enough too agree with the terms and service. That might be why it isn't working for you.

aaelement's Avatar


aaelement
01.06.2012 , 05:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hokuai View Post
"These Terms of Service, as well as EAs Privacy Policy available at privacy.ea.com (incorporated herein by reference) form legally binding contracts between you and EA. By using EA Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live) or that you have reviewed this Agreement with your parent or guardian and he or she assents to these Terms of Service on your behalf and takes full responsibility for your compliance with them. You agree that you and/or your parent or guardian are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, representations and responsibilities set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide and comply with these Terms of Service."

The game may be rated T for teen, but you are not old enough too agree with the terms and service. That might be why it isn't working for you.
so if i were to get my mom to create the account, everything would be fine?

aaelement's Avatar


aaelement
01.06.2012 , 05:56 AM | #6
plus, i feel bad that i have my age set wrong on my main account and since that can't be changed im sort of going against the terms of service so i'd rather make a fresh account re-level then end up being banned or something later on

TonyDonovan's Avatar


TonyDonovan
01.06.2012 , 05:59 AM | #7
Again you would need to check the user agreement theoretically with your parents permission you should be able to play but that is something the developers have to decide and i promise you hundreds of thousands of minors play this game daily they just simply didnt have the guts to be honest about there age hopefully you can resolve your issue dont give up on it yet hours of fun await you! Good luck Happy Hunting!

Hokuai's Avatar


Hokuai
01.06.2012 , 06:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by aaelement View Post
plus, i feel bad that i have my age set wrong on my main account and since that can't be changed im sort of going against the terms of service so i'd rather make a fresh account re-level then end up being banned or something later on

You're a very honest person. If you end up making a new account it is a good idea too use your moms (or dads) info too avoid problems.

aaelement's Avatar


aaelement
01.06.2012 , 06:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hokuai View Post
You're a very honest person. If you end up making a new account it is a good idea too use your moms (or dads) info too avoid problems.
Thank you, its my most respected game so i think when i wake up I'm going to go ahead and get my mom to fill all her stuff out, including email just to be safe. Then get back to leveling. Thanks for the help guys.