Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction House Sucks

Moikko
01.05.2012 , 11:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lunabaguna View Post
Its not being pedantic, its wanting people to switch the paradigm of branding. The longer people call it the AH, the longer subconsciously its being tied to WoW. Trying to get people to call it the GTN helps to rebrand people's brains to SWTOR.
+1

Just my thoughts
Let's not forget the fun times of BONUS WAVE

fleeZy
01.05.2012 , 11:43 PM | #12
i would settle for a slot selection...shouldn't have to sift through helms and chests if i'm looking for bracers...
If this forum's a rollin', I be a trollin'

Shillen
01.05.2012 , 11:44 PM | #13
Yes, yes it does.

gorkah
01.05.2012 , 11:46 PM | #14
Yeah sorry, GTN not AH, but I enjoy people defending my right to call it an Auction House if I feel like it.

Oh yeah, and also, the fact that half the time you sell something you get a cryptic email like "oh someone just bought your crap", and of course you don't get the money for another hour, REALLY???

I can buy 6 different Synthweave shirts and have them magically appear in my inbox within seconds, but a simple electronic funds transfer takes a fricking hour??? Is Wells Fargo in 1985 really have better technology than the old republic?? Why don't they just use whatever magically transporters they have to send me shirts instantly used to just put my credits in a nice lockbox and send them to me instantly FFS.

And then half the time the system doesn't even tell you what you sold, it just randomly emails you money... it's pretty hilariously bad actually.

obZeNx
01.05.2012 , 11:48 PM | #15
Its not being pedantic, its wanting people to switch the paradigm of branding. The longer people call it the AH, the longer subconsciously its being tied to WoW. Trying to get people to call it the GTN helps to rebrand people's brains to SWTOR.
>>Acting like this game didn't copy a bunch of **** from WoW.

KippTabor
01.05.2012 , 11:48 PM | #16
Yeah it really needs some help, ASAP. Trying to find things is very clunky and counter-intuitive.
Never fire a laser at a mirror. ~Larry Niven

gorkah
01.05.2012 , 11:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by fleeZy View Post
i would settle for a slot selection...shouldn't have to sift through helms and chests if i'm looking for bracers...
Oh yeah, totally forgot about slot selection. Finding a helm or earpeace is like a quest, you should get like 10k xp for being able to find one under 30k, frickin greedy launch abusing crafters.........

PJEBarlow
01.05.2012 , 11:48 PM | #18
I can't believe you care so much, sounds like butt-hurt to me. People who use the term "AH" out of habit aren't so dumb that we forget which game we're talking about, we don't go up to the terminal and start looking for battle elixirs and magic wands.

Sunsoar
01.05.2012 , 11:49 PM | #19
It is not an auction house. You don't bid here. You buy. It's a trade network. Get use to it.

It does need a search function though.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Moikko
01.05.2012 , 11:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by PJEBarlow View Post
we don't go up to the terminal and start looking for battle elixirs and magic wands.
By the looks of hateposts, it surely feels like it sometimes..
Let's not forget the fun times of BONUS WAVE