Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction House Sucks

gorkah
01.05.2012 , 11:29 PM | #1
Ok so this subcategory/category filter first crap really grinds on me.

Just let me open the AH and type in a word for crying out loud.

While we're at it, Rift has you beat with their AH, you can right click anything in your inventory with the AH open and it just "searches" for the item. That's right, no typing, no filtering, just search.

Also Rift has you beat on posting items, it automatically keeps track of the price you set last time you posted something. SWTOR just magically multiplies the vendor value which surprisingly I find a lot of people just leaving in as the default without even researching prices, because, frankly it's a pain.

And while we're at it, I should just be able to right click stack stuff into my bank, why I gotta find the item to stack on???

Khechari
01.05.2012 , 11:31 PM | #2
Everyone knows this, even BW. Whether or not they'll do anything about it is another story. They were told time and time again during beta that it sucked, but they didn't listen, so...

GthcRvn
01.05.2012 , 11:32 PM | #3
My problem is less UI and more lack of people using it.

PJEBarlow
01.05.2012 , 11:33 PM | #4
Yeah it could use some work, honestly. Being able to search purely by name and also sort by credits per unit would be lovely.

lunabaguna
01.05.2012 , 11:34 PM | #6
Not an auction house. Its the GTN, galactic trade network. Auction houses mean you can bid, here you cant.
Wow was copying Mario Brothers in every respect.
-A world (or many worlds)
-the color red in game
-you have to buy it

Moikko
01.05.2012 , 11:36 PM | #7
wrong game dude... AH is where it belongs!

GTN is the initials you are looking for
Let's not forget the fun times of BONUS WAVE

FeliZz
01.05.2012 , 11:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lunabaguna View Post
Not an auction house. Its the GTN, galactic trade network. Auction houses mean you can bid, here you cant.
Stop being so pedantic, you knew what he meant, and so does every single other person.
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation
if we are to be saved at all.

PJEBarlow
01.05.2012 , 11:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WLpride View Post
What's the "Auction House"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Moikko View Post
wrong game dude... AH is where it belongs!

GTN is the initials you are looking for
It's going to end up colloquially referred to as "the AH" all the time, get used to it instead of being butt-hurt pedants.

lunabaguna
01.05.2012 , 11:39 PM | #10
Its not being pedantic, its wanting people to switch the paradigm of branding. The longer people call it the AH, the longer subconsciously its being tied to WoW. Trying to get people to call it the GTN helps to rebrand people's brains to SWTOR.
Wow was copying Mario Brothers in every respect.
-A world (or many worlds)
-the color red in game
-you have to buy it