Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no imperial trooper

alienstalker
01.05.2012 , 08:59 PM | #1
You put the republic trooper as a class you can be, so why can't we be imperial soldiers as well. I thought it would be cool being able to be a imperial troopers but you can't be a imperial troopers. I think both the republic and the empire need a new class. The republic should have a republic agent, while the empire needs the imperial trooper.

PJEBarlow
01.05.2012 , 09:01 PM | #2
Bounty Hunter is the Imperial Trooper.

I know, it makes no sense to me either, but hey.

Bielduwyn
01.05.2012 , 09:01 PM | #3
That would be rather pointless. The Bounty Hunter is gameplay wise exactly the same as the Trooper. And the Smuggler is identical to the Agent. Why would you give a faction the same class twice?

alienstalker
01.05.2012 , 09:02 PM | #4
Because a bounty hunter is like the smuggler not the trooper.

I want to fight on the frontlines as a regular soldier in the army. I know star wars battlefront does that, but I wanna do it in the old republic era.

ColonelColt
01.05.2012 , 09:03 PM | #5
To be honest, I'll never understand who thought it would be a good idea to put Smugglers as rep classes and BH as Imp. BH's work for whoever pays, hell the BH storyline even has them going after Imperials. Same with Smugglers. If they really wanted to keep those two classes, they shoulda made them unique and made them cross-faction. Since they already mirror classes, a proper Imp trooper being the mirror to the rep trooper would have been far more fun. As well, an SIS agent being the mirror to the Imp agent would have been fun as well.

alienstalker
01.05.2012 , 09:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelColt View Post
To be honest, I'll never understand who thought it would be a good idea to put Smugglers as rep classes and BH as Imp. BH's work for whoever pays, hell the BH storyline even has them going after Imperials. Same with Smugglers. If they really wanted to keep those two classes, they shoulda made them unique and made them cross-faction. Since they already mirror classes, a proper Imp trooper being the mirror to the rep trooper would have been far more fun. As well, an SIS agent being the mirror to the Imp agent would have been fun as well.
Thanks for the support I totally agree.

Sinron
01.05.2012 , 09:06 PM | #7
Imperial troopers were always fodder for the hero's..

krisslanza
01.05.2012 , 09:07 PM | #8
The problem being that Imperial Troopers? Aren't important. At all. It would be hard to make a storyline about someone who has absolutely no power in the Empire at all.

Oappo
01.05.2012 , 09:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelColt View Post
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

CupieFoxtail
01.05.2012 , 09:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by alienstalker View Post
Because a bounty hunter is like the smuggler not the trooper.
Nope.