Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skrigg - 50 Vanguard Shield Spec - PvP Live Stream

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Skrigg - 50 Vanguard Shield Spec - PvP Live Stream

Mozivicus
01.06.2012 , 09:43 PM | #11
Besides not suffering from lag and your continuous movement, what do you think is the biggest key to a successful vanguard? Is it the dedicated healer that you carry with you through Ilum and the PvP rounds? He/she does a fantastic job, btw!

Skrigg
01.06.2012 , 10:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
Besides not suffering from lag and your continuous movement, what do you think is the biggest key to a successful vanguard? Is it the dedicated healer that you carry with you through Ilum and the PvP rounds? He/she does a fantastic job, btw!

Well I would have said good mobility but since you named that in a pre-made yes the rest of my team is a huge reason for success. In solo play its just trying to counter play against my enemies, knowing what classes skills do and what they look like is a pretty huge deal.

Mozivicus
01.07.2012 , 01:21 PM | #13
What are your tertiary (and so forth) stats for your equipment that you strive for? I would think it would be : defense, power, crit, alacrity.

Lakevren
01.07.2012 , 02:17 PM | #14
He's pretty much one of the hardest to kill Vanguard I've seen so far.

I'd know.

I killed him.

Then again, it was huttball, and there were like a bunch of us trying to kill him. And it was quite a bit long ago. So... in reality, we killed him =P.

Skrigg
01.07.2012 , 03:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
What are your tertiary (and so forth) stats for your equipment that you strive for? I would think it would be : defense, power, crit, alacrity.

I have the Supercommando and the Combat Tech sets and I swap out defensive/offensive gear based on who I am que'ing with and against. In Huttbal I tend to use gear with defense/shield chance/absorb for running the ball. For offensive stats, critical/power/surge. Alacrity is for people with cast times so i try to stay away from that.

Mozivicus
01.07.2012 , 03:26 PM | #16
Thanks, I guess I never thought about 2 different set ups from your gear. I'm sure it's because I'm still low level and struggling to get any good gear, let alone multiple sets of good gear , LOL

Skrigg
01.07.2012 , 07:26 PM | #17

Meta-IV
01.07.2012 , 10:56 PM | #18
Very cool of you to stream. I'm myself a lvl 29 vanguard and this gives me a good motivation boost to get to 50.

Q : Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag in Warzones? Your stream is flawless. *jealous*

Shedomon
01.08.2012 , 12:17 AM | #19
What do you suggest a Shield Spec Vanguard get first for pvp gear? The Combat Tech or Supercommando?

Skrigg
01.08.2012 , 12:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Meta-IV View Post
Very cool of you to stream. I'm myself a lvl 29 vanguard and this gives me a good motivation boost to get to 50.

Q : Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag in Warzones? Your stream is flawless. *jealous*
Try turning shadows off as well as reducing other settings.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shedomon View Post
What do you suggest a Shield Spec Vanguard get first for pvp gear? The Combat Tech or Supercommando?
Supercommando. The gear will help you live longer when solo que'ing. DPS gear will come later when you get doubles of tokens and such and then you can swap in and out based on what you are doing.