Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Black Talon oversold the other FP's

Nighthunteer
01.05.2012 , 06:10 PM | #1
Hey!

So, as a player that has done a lot of MMO's in my gaming life, I was shocked with how the Black Talon was able to use story and the games excellent dialog system to make what i would call the first ever story driven group instance.

I instantly fell in love with how it worked and kept going it many times, even boosting new friends that just hit 10 just to justify doing it again.

I was excited and really looked forward doing Hammer station when i got to the level. Then i ran HS, and when i was done i just sat there watching the screen thinking "What the hell just happened? Where is the story? where are the options?"
Dont get me wrong, its not a bad instance for what it is - but its a normal MMO instance! It had nothing special!

Worst about all this is that i had a friend that said that the first one will always be the most time put in and best. I looked forward going hammer station to prove him wrong.
Turn out i was the one that would be proven wrong...

Did anyone else feel this way or were you all happy that the other FP's turned out to be nothing but plain normal instances?
And most of all, has Bioware said anything on why?? why would they do this!

Sincerely, Night

Auilt
01.05.2012 , 06:40 PM | #2
How many FPs have you run?

Riho
01.05.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
Obviously not very many, I have gripes about the other Flashpoints for other reasons but they're mostly far from being a standard dungeon and still allot of fun.

Nighthunteer
01.05.2012 , 06:55 PM | #4
I have done a few, and dont misunderstand me! They are not bad, but they are just like any one MMO's grp instance.

Is there another FP in the game that is like Black Talon in story and dialog?

Slomoshun
01.05.2012 , 07:14 PM | #5
They all have a story and dialog....

Nighthunteer
01.05.2012 , 07:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
They all have a story and dialog....
No they dont,
Not in the way the Black Talon did anyway, they have a small back story told by Malgus as you get the quest - and putting a random thing in like:
"Press this button to shoot engineering out of space or just lock them in!" does not count as dialog, not even close.

Slomoshun
01.05.2012 , 07:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nighthunteer View Post
No they dont,
Not in the way the Black Talon did anyway, they have a small back story told by Malgus as you get the quest - and putting a random thing in like:
"Press this button to shoot engineering out of space or just lock them in!" does not count as dialog, not even close.
Like I said..

They all have a story and dialog

I don't care if it's as long as Black Talon's or half as long..they all have it.

And btw, after you run each HM FP 20 times..you'll wish you could turn that dialog off..

Crucias
01.05.2012 , 08:13 PM | #8
Wait till you get to The Foundry. The story is just dripping off it... or is that my drool.. hmmm
Crucias: Sith Inquisitor
FYI: I can't remove the Stupidity debuff, so I'll just sacrifice you to the gods of the loot roll dice.

Pheebe
01.05.2012 , 09:30 PM | #9
I feel pretty much the same.. There is of course story in all of them, but it doesn't really change anything whether you pick one or the other, like it did when deciding if the captain should live or not in BT for instance. Also BT is by far the flashpoint that gives most socialpoints, with like 90 on average for me, opposed to the 20 you might get in others if you're lucky.. It's a good indication of how much more dialogue there actually is in BT.

And yes the foundry blew my mind, but that is a one time experience.. Nothing interactive about it really :P

RichLather
01.05.2012 , 09:52 PM | #10
The amount of time we have to spam space bar and wait in BT makes it almost unbearable. The fluff RP scenes were cute the first or second time, after that its the worst instance because theres waaay too much RP.