Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fast Leveling Tips

Bundeh
01.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #1
Hello. I am currently level 25, and wondering about optimal leveling tactics. Is PvP comparable to questing? Is there any point to grinding at all? Any help appreciated, as I feel like I am leveling much slower than my friends despite trying to blow through quests as fast as possible (class as well as sides).

jtzako
01.05.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2
You can level fairly well PvPing if you enjoy that. "Grinding" really isnt particularly helpful in this game. You're better off doing all the quests and bonus quests.

Bundeh
01.05.2012 , 06:15 PM | #3
Thanks for the reply. What I am wondering more to the point would be: What path did the majority of current level 50s take to reach 50 so quickly?

jtzako
01.05.2012 , 06:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bundeh View Post
Thanks for the reply. What I am wondering more to the point would be: What path did the majority of current level 50s take to reach 50 so quickly?
I got there doing quests, exclusively. I did not do any grinding or PvP or even space missions. I DO make sure to do every soloable quest, and at least some heroics.

Ringzero
01.05.2012 , 06:35 PM | #5
Space missions are definitely a quick way to earn extra XP every day. I haven't done PVP, but I've heard that it's a very quick way also.

But one of the absolute best things about this game is the rich storyline. End-game is not yet fleshed out and getting there quickly might leave you feeling disappointed that you missed all the excellent content. Enjoy the ride.

Bibdy
01.05.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
They certainly didn't get there running around the forest-moon of Endor, killing 675 million Ewoks at two experience points a piece. Most of us just followed the game and did quests. If we outlevelled a given planet (i.e. the quests started going green/grey), we finished the main class quest (if we hadn't already) and moved on to the next planet.

Drin-King
01.05.2012 , 06:37 PM | #7
I'd say non stop questing, and wz every time the queue pops. A single warzone at lvl 35 gives anything from 10k (loss) to 14k (victory), while most quests still give 5-9k xp. Also means you can skip stupid quests, since you made up the xp in pvp.

Sereloth
01.05.2012 , 07:34 PM | #8
Both Space Combat and PvP give very nice experience. To be honest, I'm not quite enjoying the side quests (class quests are great though), so I've been supplementing the experience I would get from side quests by playing PvP and Space Combat. However, I really do enjoy PvP, so that helps. If you don't like PvP it might just be best to do side quests. I've been getting on average 10k+ for Space Combat quests (get the quests from your ship, behind the Galaxy Map), and also about 10k+ each time I play PvP (you can also get a daily quest from the fleet which gives even more experience for a win).

Fozziwig
01.05.2012 , 08:03 PM | #9
This game's best feature is the story. Don't hurry, if you do you'll miss the best part.

Achri
01.05.2012 , 08:05 PM | #10
I've done a mix of everything. PVP, space, solo questing, flashpoints, etc. Do the bonus quests. The 3 stage bonus quests give you 20k+ xp in the later lvls.

Biggest reason for most reaching lvl 50 == Game released right before Christmas vacation for many people.