Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice Is completely worthless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice Is completely worthless.

Natarii
02.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Aterlay View Post
I'm a level 400 artifice and I agree that artifice and possibly all crew skills seem somewhat useless right now. I check the GTM every day and I don't think I've ever seen an artifice schematic on it. That doesn't mean I'm gonna have a giant ***** fest about it two months into the game. But hey, that's just me.
That's because there are no BoE schematics currently in game that could possibly be put up for sale on the GTN. The only schematics other than those trainable currently available are the 3 magenta crystal patterns (which are BoP). This is slated to change with patch 1.2.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Breakz
02.29.2012 , 02:02 PM | #52
Please don't necro threads. If it is over a few weeks old just make a new one.

Durham_Red
02.29.2012 , 02:09 PM | #53
In an upcoming patch, 1.2 I believe, the patch notes for crafting are currently running into 4 pages, and the devs have stated that big things are coming for Artifice. With all the new crystals coming alone, people that dropped Artifice are going to regret it. Hang onto your skill for now, wait for 1.2
A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.
I don't live in Durham!
GM of Covenant Of Blood - Join the Darkside, we kick puppies.

Smiert_Adda
05.04.2012 , 06:20 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by MrCompletely View Post
Even at my low level of 17 I'm managing to sell a bunch of crystals and enhancements. I just undercut the whole market and everything sells. I may not be profiting due to the high cost of gathering missions, but I am mitigating the cost of leveling artifice.

I'm just hoping they balance it out and improve the schematics by the time I reach 50 and max out the craft.
On my server there is no market for any kind of market. I could sell my items for any price I wanted and nobody is selling to say differently. However, I don't do this I sell the items low level mats and high for a set amount. I work out the price of the mission and then add a percentage for time taken. I have sold almost every posting within the first day or two. I usually put up things that I myself have needed or wanted at 1 time and couldn't find or I thought was too expensive. Things like 2x Laminoid for 899 which is way over priced! Or level 10-16, 23-37 purple items (Armour and Mods).

Mithros
05.04.2012 , 06:56 PM | #55
If you really think that artifce (or whatever crafting skill) is a waste, then drop the gathering skill and take up slicing.

That will let you harvest data nodes and send companions out on lockbox and augment component missions.
You can sell the augment components for profit in addition to whatever else you find in the way of missions or schematics or whatever as well as make some credits directly from the cases you will get.

If they later buff artifice (or whatever skill) to the level that you think that it should be at, you can easily power-level the gathering skill back up to an appropriate level for your crafting skill.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Zakne
05.05.2012 , 04:42 AM | #56
Sorry for cuting thread but today I found http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9...2050512380.jpg and my question is "how?" If other enhancements 22+ are "No research availalble" ;<...

SaberBladeUK
05.05.2012 , 05:51 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakne View Post
Sorry for cuting thread but today I found http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9...2050512380.jpg and my question is "how?" If other enhancements 22+ are "No research availalble" ;<...
It was reverse engineered from the new Campaign Gear. It's also possible to get Advanced 24's as random schematic drops from Operations.

TerenasMenethal
05.05.2012 , 06:16 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by SardaTFK View Post
I'm really curious what so game breaking off a requirement you have for a hilt at that level. There's really only 2 types with very minor stat variations. In the example of the warrior, you'd either go Might which is something like 1/2 end, 1/2 str, or you go .. whatever if its called, lets just call it Suicide Hilt since when your leveling the last thing you want is HP right. And that hilt is 60% str, 30% end, 10% lost stats.

Most people don't care about 5 more str at the cost of 5 endurance, the general size is sufficent for 99% of the populace.
just read through u every try reing ur crystals and such first coz thts wht im doing i strted from scratch i gotta lvl 24 warrior alt and i deleted a lvl 45 for him just so i cud strt again and re all my stuff as i lvl i find this easyer all my lower lvl stuff grade 1 and grade 2 are all purples noone will buy standard greens att all i wont even concider buying them i always look for min blue on my 50 inquisitor and the prices people do charge for purple crystals are stupid anyhow why pay 200k for a damn crystal with same stats on when i can goto a vendor and buy same one for same price so needs to be about 150 to even buy purples aswell

TerenasMenethal
05.05.2012 , 06:21 AM | #59
in my opinion when they bring out events they should only bring out a lightsaber crystal schematic only not crystals this way it will make artifice more competitive and make people wanna buy crystals from artifices dwnside is u will get some who will ask for stupid arse money for the crystals but this is only way i can see to help us out

je-s-ter
05.05.2012 , 06:28 AM | #60
This thread was created in January and last post was made 2/29.
Stop necroing.