Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice Is completely worthless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice Is completely worthless.

sleepingferret
01.06.2012 , 12:04 AM | #21
If they'd actually take the time to "synchronize" the bonuses for the enhancements and what not it'd be a heck of a lot better.

Heck I'd be broke tracking down people with Artifice skills to get stuff made. Because quite frankly the only thing the commendation vendors seem to have that is acceptable is armor mods. All the other stuff has gotten to be useless as I've leveled up, and more options have become available. And I've needed to focus on things like critical rating, shield rating, absorption, defense,etc etc; depending on which character I'm playing.

Right now, it's like trying to fight through the mall during the holiday season to find what you need.

The only thing that is consistent is hilts, and even those...unless I find purple hilts on the GTN, commendation vendors sell blue hilts (or barrels) that keep on par with your level.

Now I'm not saying take away that sort of stuff from the commendation vendors, but Artifice needs some fixing.
Guildmaster of IRONFIST on the Saber of Exar Kun
Loyalty and Allegiance to the:
SITH EMPIRE

www.ironfistclan.com

tyranusdarec
01.06.2012 , 12:10 AM | #22
I cant make enough purple hilts, crystals and enhancements. I put them on the GTN and they sell out almost immediately. Made 100k in one hour from a few of them at level 20. I would put one up and get an email that it sold before I put the next one up.

I only wish the purple component was easier to get. Thank god I can buy them on the GTN. Even with the high prices people are charging I still make a nice profit from them.

Tyr

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself."

Mungo
01.06.2012 , 01:23 AM | #23
I dont craft for the GTM anymore only to order and for myself. No money in doing it to trade.
Quote:
"A man must always have the final choice in life and in death.
Anything else can be taken from him, but never that. "
Ghenghis Khan

Slubbert
01.06.2012 , 01:31 AM | #24
I just dropped Artifice and Archeology for biochem/bioanalasis. I had artifice and arch around 130ish, and I got biochem and bioanalasis to 150 and 170 in like 1 hour, didnt cost me anything, except the new recipes for biochem. already getting more from it than artifice so.
Force choke everything!

SardaTFK
01.06.2012 , 05:58 AM | #25
I've decided i'm giving it to the 1.1 patch to see if artifice is worth keeping and just going Biochem like every other PVPer if nothing is changed.

Kadran
01.06.2012 , 06:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SardaTFK View Post
I've decided i'm giving it to the 1.1 patch to see if artifice is worth keeping and just going Biochem like every other PVPer if nothing is changed.
I agree. In beta Artifice was able to make sabers, vibro blades and swords and electrostaves, etc. as well as the crystals, hilts, Enhancements and MODs to fill them. Now, in live, you can not make any sabers until 400 max skill. Also, they moved all the "jedi" melee weapons to the Armstech skill. Isn't Artifice still listed as "the skill used to make lightsabers and the crystals to power them"? Well, at level 9 you create your first lightsaber, then you have to study the rest of your life (400 skill) to remember how to make a single one.

Although the MODs are still listed on the crew trainer starting at 240 skill, when you click to buy/learn it, the guy offering it claims you have the wrong crew skills to learn it. It's bad enough taking a skill to make lightsabers that doesn't actually make lightsabers any more, or having the weapons your jedi starts with automatically now crafted by a guy making blasters and rifles, to have the trainer mock you with a MOD you want and refuses to teach you is just beyond insulting and frustrating.

Hardin_Steele
01.06.2012 , 08:39 AM | #27
49 of the 50 levels are not level 50. There are plenty of items needed before anyone gets to level 50. Some of the stuff needed can be gotten thru questing, some thru PVP, some others from crafting, and there are even a few nice orange items available from vendors.

Deal with what is currently available. The game has been out less than one month and so many people are crying on their keyboard it is rediculous. If you don't like what is available from crafting become a profiteer and get three gathering skills.

And learn how to work the GTN. It is always a cash cow as long as you know how to use it.

Aedn
01.06.2012 , 08:47 AM | #28
The problem with all crafting that generates items, or the modifications and that includes all catagories, is that its easier right now to obtain it through the quest system then buy it from a player.

Right now i have both cybertech and armstech at 400, and neither is really all that useful, except to craft for a guildies alt or friend who wants something. Cybertech has two areas where its useful from an economic standpoint.

When you have players who are able to obtain either blue or purple BOE items at every level through commendations or other avenues its pretty pointless to have a craft on a player from an economic standpoint.

Whats worse is that with a high level player to feed your alts, you really never have to bother with crafting at all, since daily missions will give your alts all the mods they need to level from 1-50 since its easier to generate commendations.

For those who want to craft for the enjoyment its a different story, for those who enjoy crafting and playing the auction house economy, its rather pointless and in most cases will result in negative income, not positive, even with the plethora of credits that floats around this game.

DarthSublimitas
01.06.2012 , 08:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyAsh View Post
I agree. Crafting professions are useless in making money and from what I've heard, not relevant end game.

It seems like professions are there just to throw something to the players to burn time and energy, while dreaming for a better thing to come.

My advice is, do it just to equip your characters while leveling, setting your expectations real low. Don't waste money by trying to get more than that. Crafting is just an afterthought in this game.
Agreed - the crafitng profs here, except bio, are all crap. I've just stuck to gathering and make money that way. It's really depressing. With every stupid step that BW does, just makes me lose more and more interest in this game which is a real pity as I like a lot of what this game has to offer.
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

DarthSublimitas
01.06.2012 , 09:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
Actually this is a whine, how do you know all this isn't a simple mistake, something hugely over looked?

I am betting it was a huge mistake that was over-looked. They're not going to neglect an important part of the game which i can tell they put a good deal of effort into. Part of the companion system was mainly comprised from crafting.
Well, when ALL the crafting professions are basically "broken" I really don't think this is an oversight more so than poor implementing of game mechanics. It's not that hard to do really. If WoW and Rift can do it, why then can't the devs here as well. Weren't they the ones boasting and patting each other on the backs saying how "Great" this was going to be - great for the toilet perhaps but when most of the ppl are complaining, well, there MUST be something amiss - no?
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg