Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

Thana Vesh should be a Universal companion for all Empire Players! She's a great compliment to the story and would work for all the classes IMO. Light or Dark, she would just submit to you :)...would also make a nice romance option.

(Yes I know, this causes problem for republic players, as they want in on the pie too...but oh well).

For the naysayers...

She has a great character actually

-She plays hard to get and this only adds depth to her

-You should realize she actually listens to you (She does whatever Light/Dark side choices you want). She never outwardly tries to kill you or anything, she's just got a bit of an inferiority complex

-Shes actually a born-to-be-sith (sure you can turn the Sith Warrior companion evil but Ive heard that shes lame. Plus Sith Inquis, we can't really change anyone to dark side)

-She comes off arrogant, slightly one dimensional - but as the story progresses - you realize she's actually just an insecure sith. Pride & Insecurity go together you know :o

-Yeah you can choose to kill her or save her, that is a problem - I'm sure the quest chain can be retconned for people who want her as a companion or something

-The voice acting is essentially in the game already

Specifically due to my main being a Sith Inquisitor

-As a class inspired by palpatine, our inability to twist/turn someone to the darkside (ala anakin) is pretty disappointing. Especially because our character is constantly asking for his/her hand to be held by smarter people for guidance in the story.

-I'll just take Thana over Ashara, thanks.

Anyways, as a sith inquisitor - I feel robbed by my story in general. I'm at 45 and I've read the end story spoilers and it's still just a yawn for me. The companions suck, especially as a male. We get a buncha randoms including a mute dashade who just wants to eat as our first companion...plus our only romance-able companion is a barbie Jedi who can't truly fall to the dark side. I don't think I'm the only Sith inquisitor player who thinks our story is just mediocre.

EDIT: after finishing the game and rolling an Agent alt, my impressions are the same, Sith Inquis story is lacking.

Her story arc here:

Edited by lowflyingmeat

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree. The storyline starts out as a rivalry, and you realize from the start that it will come to blows... but it need not END. Her character development is precious, and her strength could be molded by someone strong enough to hold the leash.

I realize that there is a lot of hard-wiring related to which companions are in the mix for each character type, but I see no reason why we couldn't (at some point) choose to give up one in favor of an alternate as well-developed as Thana.

You should totally get to choose between the ex-Jedi chick and Thana, in fact the way my story was unfolding I was sure this was what was going to happen, there should be an option for light side Empire to get the Jedi and dark side Empire to get Thana - it just makes sense to me.

I found her pretty annoying, and I had my IA flirt with her mercilessly in a roundabout way to make fun of her. It made the character more enjoyable as her responses were hilarious and petty (especially on the heels of situations where she'd clearly failed, or got captured). Edited by ProsaicProse

/sign.

I want her as a romanceable companion. I spared her life in Taris in that purpose. I really like that option, since I can't romance the LS Jaesa.

I already made a thread but it went unnoticed. I subscribe to this one then.

Make it happen Bioware !!

Haha. She annoyed me at the start and came off as pathetic, but the rivalry thing quickly gets quite fun.

Yeah would be fun to have as an unlockable universal companion. I would rather kill her master then her.

Oh and guys, use the spoiler command if you're about to spit out stuff which may be spoilers.

Like this.

The only companions I liked in this game were Vette and Blizz. The others were either boring, or annoying (especially Quinn and the robot).

A shame you can't romance Thana Vesh.

Are you kidding Mako is the best companion in the game.

But yeah we need Thana Vash as a sidekick.

I do hope one of the things they will add as a content update is universal companions. Although the Bounty Hunters ship would get full pretty quick.

The only block I see with this request is to hire back the actress for the voice overs and rewrite many dialog pieces, without counting the fact that many killed her. Fortunately I'm not one of them.

But Bioware seemed to indicate it would not be a major problem, so let's hope for the best.

I hated her and enjoyed just leaving her in the cell after you kill the cathar commander. She just annoyed me to no end I even chose to do every thing that was the opposite of her suggestions to make her look like a blood thirsty fool.

I think she should be a companion for a Light side character to redeem and return to the light side.

The only block I see with this request is to hire back the actress for the voice overs and rewrite many dialog pieces, without counting the fact that many killed her. Fortunately I'm not one of them.

But Bioware seemed to indicate it would not be a major problem, so let's hope for the best.

nah that's easy she could have been saved and thrown into a Kolto tank if you killed her.

That or just reset the quest chain for everyone and then they just have to do it again if they want her to become a companion.

nah that's easy she could have been saved and thrown into a Kolto tank if you killed her.

That or just reset the quest chain for everyone and then they just have to do it again if they want her to become a companion.

I don't think they will opt for that direction. I'm more betting on a substitute companion.

She drove me absolutely batty (and everyone in my guild also), I believe every single one of us killed her. I stayed on Taris JUST to kill her. As I told my son, a hole in the head would have been more useful to you then she was :eek: Those were some DS points I really enjoyed getting :D

She's too puwerhungry for a light sith and too puwerhungry for a standart sith.

If you'll show her even a slightest piece of weakness, she will try to get on top.

that's why she's not a good companion material I guess...

but wait... Malavai quinn...

She's too puwerhungry for a light sith and too puwerhungry for a standart sith.

If you'll show her even a slightest piece of weakness, she will try to get on top.

that's why she's not a good companion material I guess...

but wait... Malavai quinn...

I'd like to see her getting on top...

Signed. She plays hard to get? Certainly haha. But I find her funny rather than annoying. Even though shes likely to kick me in the unmentionables if I approach closer than 3 meters, I would enjoy breaking her. She brought nice flavor to Taris.

"Come closer and Ill caress you with my lightsaber"

- Thana Vesh

ps. The end:

Letting her go was one of the few conscious lightside choices Ive made. I hope Bioware lets me have her. :)

Edited by Karkais