Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions who like being bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions who like being bad.

Snugh
01.05.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1
I know SWTOR's companions don't really follow a good/evil POV, they have different personalities and different things they like, dislike, agree or disagree with.

But if you really think about it, you could probably classify that into a "Good/Evil" type of system.

I generally like being good in games with moral choices, I do, but after four pure light-sided characters, I'm really itching to stir up some evil.

It seems like however, even for some of the Sith classes, the companions are weenies. They don't like when you're a sociopath, some do, but most need reasons for your killings and misdeeds.

Question I suppose I'm asking is, which class has the companions who just love to be evil? Kill? Extort? The good stuff, because it sure seems like even the "evil" ones consider things such as this to be weak and base instincts. It'd be nice to just run into someone evil once in awhile like the NPCs I meet in my story so often.

Kyriosgundam
01.05.2012 , 05:16 PM | #2
Then you might want to try being a Sith Inquisitor your first companion Khem Val hates it when you make lightside choices and on Taris theres an NPC you work with named Thana Vash (cant remember the name compeletly) who also disaproves of your lightside choices even if she always ends up is situations where you have to save her. I am shure that there are others but dont know enough of the SI to really list them out for you. Anyway I hope this suggestion helps you in any way.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Varium
01.05.2012 , 05:51 PM | #3
Jedi guardians get Lord Scourge as the last companion, also sergeant rusk is more of a neutral, so all the pro-republic choices even how darkside he likes them.

Psycholex
01.06.2012 , 07:39 AM | #4
From the Empire Side,

Sith Warriors & Sith Inquisitors each get pure evil minded companions

Sith Warriors get Jaessa Willsaam as their 3rd companion, she has a complete bloodlust and aching for power / destruction, enjoys evil.

Sith Inquisitors get Xalek as their last companion and runs in a similar manner to Jaessa, they each hate mercy / weakness.

As for other classes I cannot comment.

Although this does reveal the mechanics of something you haven't played with, there are no story spoilers here, from personal experience the story leading up to getting Jaessa as a warrior is intense, definately recommended!

DragonEXtwo
01.06.2012 , 07:49 AM | #5
Evil is relative, but the first companion for the IA is an anarchist, many republic classes get characters who are into violence, coercion, lack-of-compassion, and blind patriotism ,which one could consider evil, and the final companion for the BH stands out as an 'evil' companion in contrast to Mako, the first companion.
Cthulhu Fhatgn

Lakobus
04.24.2012 , 08:18 PM | #6
OMG You guys are mentioning one companion from each class that's evil. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of the companions are *******. Maybe I don't want to use a tank companion. With the Sith the majority of companions should be evil.

bright_ephemera
04.24.2012 , 08:45 PM | #7
You know how most classes have a token evil companion, or worse, a token "evil" companion? Sith Inquisitors have a token good companion. Everybody else is somewhere on the ravening psychopath scale, with varying emphasis on avarice, wrath, pride, and so on.

The Sith Warrior has varying degrees of dark, but only DS Jaesa and Broonmark go all-out. Pierce and Quinn have slightly more in the way of "maybe we should do things for sane reasons." Okay, Pierce is about 50-50 on that one.

Inquisitor is by far the best for bad companions.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

DeutschGamer
04.24.2012 , 09:06 PM | #8
Khem Val isn't totally evil, he's just a cranky Dashade. I have made LS choices that appeal to him, and DS choices that he found foolish.

You should look them up to find what choices they like and don't like.

Jaesa Wilsaam for DS Warriors is a solid choice.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Greyhamea
04.24.2012 , 09:28 PM | #9
What companions respond to doesn't really overly factor into light side of dark side options. They generally have preferences, but even Mako will like it when you choose a dark side option sometimes (depends on the reasons). It more has to do with that they like and what they don't. Like Lord Scourge. He generally tends to prefer the Dark Side options that the Jedi Knight gets, but he also likes the Light Side ones. He's also usually indifferent. Now if you end up choosing something that shows you being indecisive in his opinion, he won't like it.

J-Slice
04.24.2012 , 09:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Snugh View Post
Question I suppose I'm asking is, which class has the companions who just love to be evil? Kill? Extort? The good stuff, because it sure seems like even the "evil" ones consider things such as this to be weak and base instincts. It'd be nice to just run into someone evil once in awhile like the NPCs I meet in my story so often.
Well, I love my trooper, and let me tell you, Tanno Vik... he likes selfishness. If you ask for compensation during quests or take a dark side choice that will illicit greater good to yourself, then you'll get brownie points with him. Whether or not you kill or murder, etc, doesn't matter, just whether or not you are benefiting from the action is what causes him to like or dislike your action.

He's like my renegade bad-azz companion.
Vorinth Candelebra, Sith Sorcerer (Madness)
The Harbinger
For the Empire!