Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

redheadedtim
06.25.2012 , 10:29 PM | #71
Definitely a case of poor equipment or poor play. I've beaten this on 3 characters, none higher than 43. It was harder than I expected on the first toon, but come on people. If you can't do it, either check yourself, your gear, or ask a guildie for help. FWIW, I did it on my watchmen sent yesterday, at 42 or 43, with doc, who is wearing level 40 gear at best, and didn't pop guarded by the force. I did use a med pac and do have all 4 buffs unlocked, but I doubt those buffs were the key. My gear was all stuff that was as is from upgrades available on Belsavis. Didn't even use heroic moment and I have no idea what it does on my jk cause I haven't yet needed it. I have used it in the past while leveling my bh to provide the crucial edge I needed as an eternally underleveled toon doing content 3-4 levels early.

You do realize that some fights are especially hard near the end of the game because they're trying to make you use all of your skills. It's a way to prep you for end game without coming out and saying so. Use all your tricks, because at end game, face rolling isn't/shouldn't be enough.

Darth-Rammstein
08.21.2012 , 03:50 PM | #72
You only need the access codes which drop from the tech guy, so what I did as a scoundrel was flash grenade the shaman and start nuking the tech then did a dirty kick to the shaman once the flash grenade wore off....then after the tech dies just lose agro buy either using ur disappearing act or just run away...come back and loot your codes. (took me several attempts before I tried this, healing your companion or attemping to take on both at once will end in your companion dead). Only option is to cc the shaman while you nuke the tech.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

tacharua
08.21.2012 , 04:04 PM | #73
just did this quest solo at lvl 45 on gunslinger alt so i had no cc either just nuked them(do have legacy orb strike mind )

Diora
08.21.2012 , 04:12 PM | #74
just did this today on my marauder, it seems they have rebalanced it. the tech shaman that spawned with mine was a normal ranked mob, no longer strong.

Took it down with ease.

Zunayson
08.21.2012 , 04:21 PM | #75
you're just badly geared, also you have no defenses to speak of.

My viggy guard had no problem taking down those guys. All of my other chars did (Including my operative :P). Ops have no sustained dps mitigation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box