Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

Nishido
01.17.2012 , 09:13 AM | #11
Done it! Thanks Feignz and everybody else that was actually constructive in this thread ^^ .
"I believe the force reflects our actions and nature. Use it for good and it shall nourish you within its bosom. Use the force for evil, and ultimately, it will betray you" - Jaiga Marel

Juhan
01.23.2012 , 10:24 AM | #12
(Jedi Shadow Lv 44) It was a big challenge, I was able to kill only one before the other one killed me. The one I killed gave me the access codes, so it was ok. I used force lift, deflection, force stun, heroic moment and healing companion to give me extra time to kill the one.

MyrickG
02.18.2012 , 12:45 PM | #13
I got them both at lvl 46 as a tk sage by using "Unity" Throwing force armor up on both me and Qyzen, then stunning one, and force lifting the other, kill one, and then the other its over.

Hope this helps!

Kellsie
02.24.2012 , 10:44 AM | #14
I too found this one difficult, but then...just like a girl, asked for help - simples
Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?

Penguinman
02.24.2012 , 11:33 AM | #15
I just did that quest the other night on my carnage marauder. I didn't die from it, but I do remember instantly being dropped to about 20% health a few seconds into the fight. Popped a bunch of cooldowns, took a medpack and finished it.

It struck me as kind of odd at how much more difficult it was than most other quests, but I just shrugged it off and kept going.
Trist Beoulve the Unyielding.

Sedition

JerokTalram
02.29.2012 , 09:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cyvaris View Post
I did it as GASP a Sentinel! Just LOS one of them, IE run around the side of the cliff so he can't see you, not really all that difficult. Its only two silvers. Now if it was two GOLDS I could see the problem.

Plus its a bonus quest, not a main quest. I am perfectly fine with a bonus quest being harder.

Also capital letters are not evil, please use them.
You shouldn't have to LOS, kite or use any other tricks to beat solo content at or below your level. The mobs hit far too hard and the mission needs to be fixed.

Qrazyy
02.29.2012 , 11:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
You shouldn't have to LOS, kite or use any other tricks to beat solo content at or below your level. The mobs hit far too hard and the mission needs to be fixed.
I agree. You should just be able to spam one ability from level 1-50 and win.

Kanana
03.01.2012 , 04:35 AM | #18
As an operative, faced with two strong ones I'd sleep dart one and kill the other. Use the in combat stealth to drop out of combat first if needed.

I did the quest as a PT Shieldtech, and I think I simply popped all my defensive CDs and focused on one while CCing (and letting Mako CC) the other. I am not sure if I died after one and the revived to kill the other.

drunknurse
03.01.2012 , 09:19 AM | #19
There are a few quests that are actually a bit challenging when leveling in this game (inquisitor class quest end boss on Balmorra lol). Having to actually try and think when leveling in an MMO is rare and should not be removed from this game. Stop making threads complaining about something being too hard, and ditch that mindset of, "I'm leveling why should anything be challenging?"

Play a game on its lowest difficulty then ask yourself if its actually fun or even worth the money, probably isn't. Now play the game on its highest difficulty, suddenly you have to try and you have to think of strategies and actually play well. Much more rewarding and fun! When a game presents you with a challenge don't ****** about it, accept it. Nerfing something because the voiced minority says its too hard is a damn shame.

PS. learn game mechanics and your class before you ever complain about difficulty, now get off the forums and go do those 2 things.
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

Jokingly
03.01.2012 , 09:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
Why? Because you don't like doing anything besides mashing buttons?

If you had to exploit a bug to do something it would be broken. Kiting, however, is just a natural advantage certain classes have. If you can use it in a duel to your advantage (i.e. you aren't exploiting AI) why shouldn't you use it in pve content?

God forbid anything in this game be difficult...