Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Quest - SAbotage the gormak. Severly SEVERELY overtuned

Corran
01.05.2012 , 04:34 PM | #1
you get this quest on voss. it's not heroic. it's just an area quest

last stage asks you to take codes from a gormak tech soldier. he spawns with a shaman. they spawn and put you in combat.

they both spam abilities that do 4k damage apiece. i've tried interrupting and flash grenades and it's not doable -t hey drop me anmy companion fast

i was also not able to solo this on my vanguard even at 50. they do too much damage

so..only a sage or commando i guess, since they are the only ones with any meaningful in combat cc

fix this. ticket submitted.

edit: finished it when a sage came by and force lifted one. c'mon....
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

cyvaris
01.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #2
I did it as GASP a Sentinel! Just LOS one of them, IE run around the side of the cliff so he can't see you, not really all that difficult. Its only two silvers. Now if it was two GOLDS I could see the problem.

Plus its a bonus quest, not a main quest. I am perfectly fine with a bonus quest being harder.

Also capital letters are not evil, please use them.

Shawrie
01.05.2012 , 05:15 PM | #3
Was fine for me on 47 Shadow Tank with DPS companion.

Ecclesiarch
01.05.2012 , 05:21 PM | #4
Did it as a same level Sniper.

Too much of the developers to ask you to use more than your DPS-rotation-skills once in a while? I found it was a nice challenge and something that woke me up from the endless quest-treadmill.

- Ecc
Unmedicated Superiority
More Serverfirsts than the Devs
Info | Site | Apply

WielandHalder
01.07.2012 , 10:05 AM | #5
OP's right, it's damn near impossbile for a solo Jedi Shadow (Balanced), no matter if you go in with a DPS or Heal Companion.

nonamesleft
01.09.2012 , 06:02 PM | #6
it is a massive and unexpected difficulty spike which is simply bad design. Up to this point the game trains you that all non-heroic quests that are around your level are easily soloable. It should ether be toned down, made heroic, or have its level increased.

Vandaman
01.09.2012 , 06:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WielandHalder View Post
OP's right, it's damn near impossbile for a solo Jedi Shadow (Balanced), no matter if you go in with a DPS or Heal Companion.
I know ppl who did the quest simply enough as an SI assassin or sorc... its not impossible just challenging

Belly
01.11.2012 , 11:53 PM | #8
Having plenty of trouble with a 44 shadow. I would simply level, but i've no more quests

I've killed elites that do less damage than these guys, seriously. If they would just stay spawned after I cloak, i'd mind maze one and deal with the other but that won't work either. even using my 20min CD heal thing don't help. *sigh* guess i'll grind out one level, see if it helps.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Nishido
01.17.2012 , 08:52 AM | #9
I'm finding it challenging too, although I'm not sure I'd want it tuned down at all. I think it's good to have the odd mission completely blow your balls off xD .

How about we use this thread to instead talk about tactics for it. I'm yet to complete it, because I just die too quickly. I'm a 46 Operative [Concealment]. My strategy so far has been to stun whichever one kaliyo (tank companion) is not attacking and then start working on the other. Using acid blade and backstab first. Once the stun on the other one wears off I use countermeasures so move aggro back to kaliyo.

However, maybe 5-10 seconds later, I'm dead. The problem is that I need kaliyo to absorb damage, but she won't move out the AoE damage. And because the vast majority of my damage comes from melee, I have to move into the AoE damage as well. I haven't yet been able to find some sweet spot, where I can still deal damage and not get hit by the AoE.

Does anyone have any advice?
"I believe the force reflects our actions and nature. Use it for good and it shall nourish you within its bosom. Use the force for evil, and ultimately, it will betray you" - Jaiga Marel

Feignz
01.17.2012 , 09:01 AM | #10
Did this on my 3rd attempt as a Shadow Tank with Healer companion at level 47. Although this was 3 weeks ago i specifically remember this quest because it seemed to be a random difficulty spike out of the blue.

All i did was attack one of them and use all my cc abilities on the other. You only need to kill one to get the loot and complete the mission. The loot doesn't disappear even if the boss resets so don't get stressed over killing both because it's unnecessary. GL.