Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preorder Code "issue" and no way to get any help.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Preorder Code "issue" and no way to get any help.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Varges
12.14.2011 , 01:01 AM | #1
I keep seeing posts by Devs that if you are having problems with your Pre-order code than we should provide feedback so that they can help resolve the issue.

Well here is some Feedback, if the pre-order code is not working as in nothing under “REDEEMED CODE HISTORY” and all we get is Code already redeemed when we try and use it the second time…. Then we can’t post on the forums.

Before the rest of you ask my account is fine and that is what I am posting from; however, my wife’s account is not fine, thus I can’t post on her account. E-mails (e-mailed last week about this) get no response and phones are down (sorry call later message) so how is ANYONE who has a pre-order “issue” supposed to get help?

Darthoctapus
12.14.2011 , 05:18 AM | #2
My friend is also having this problem. So ill post here for him hoping we get some help.

Faarsider
12.14.2011 , 05:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Varges View Post
I keep seeing posts by Devs that if you are having problems with your Pre-order code than we should provide feedback so that they can help resolve the issue.

Well here is some Feedback, if the pre-order code is not working as in nothing under “REDEEMED CODE HISTORY” and all we get is Code already redeemed when we try and use it the second time…. Then we can’t post on the forums.

Before the rest of you ask my account is fine and that is what I am posting from; however, my wife’s account is not fine, thus I can’t post on her account. E-mails (e-mailed last week about this) get no response and phones are down (sorry call later message) so how is ANYONE who has a pre-order “issue” supposed to get help?
I have had the same issue with my partners CE edition when I tried to apply the pre-order code I got invalid code messages, which didn't happen between the 8th & 9th of Dec.
I have spoken to customer services by email for 3 days now each reply takes a full 24 hours to get a response.
And still no luck Kevin and Ron in the online customer service devision are really bad at customer service even with high yeilds of customers 24 hours is unacceptable for returning an email.

I have tickets for the London Invite only launch party tonight I feel I will get a quicker response if I use the Q&A session infront of the press to raise my issue.

And to top it all off my otherhalfs forum account for some reason doesn't have enough privledges at present to post.

account affected Bullyrock
ticket numbers are 835600, 803733, 800044

Hoping someone with the knowledge and influence to deal with this issue see's this post soon

Faarsider
12.14.2011 , 07:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Faarsider View Post
I have had the same issue with my partners CE edition when I tried to apply the pre-order code I got invalid code messages, which didn't happen between the 8th & 9th of Dec.
I have spoken to customer services by email for 3 days now each reply takes a full 24 hours to get a response.
And still no luck Kevin and Ron in the online customer service devision are really bad at customer service even with high yeilds of customers 24 hours is unacceptable for returning an email.

I have tickets for the London Invite only launch party tonight I feel I will get a quicker response if I use the Q&A session infront of the press to raise my issue.

And to top it all off my otherhalfs forum account for some reason doesn't have enough privledges at present to post.

account affected Bullyrock
ticket numbers are 835600, 803733, 800044

Hoping someone with the knowledge and influence to deal with this issue see's this post soon

"I did not enter a code between December 8th and December 9th and I am still having issues"

I have quoted you JovethG so could you please get some help over here please

DzokISVK
12.14.2011 , 07:54 AM | #5
I enter key on 8th december, sux
"Meditate on this, I will."

Formynder
12.14.2011 , 08:00 AM | #6
I encourage you to contact Investor Relations (ir@ea.com) and explain to the what a wonderful customer support network they have.

Conveeyor
12.14.2011 , 08:06 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
When you are experiencing troubles to enter your pre-order code, have already entered it, and you don't have any registered code shown, we ask you to contact our customer support. You will find more information here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=2116

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Varges
12.14.2011 , 08:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by J3-H1 View Post
When you are experiencing troubles to enter your pre-order code, have already entered it, and you don't have any registered code shown, we ask you to contact our customer support. You will find more information here:

Yea... I’m not doing that again.

I sent it last week called Monday they lost it asked me to resubmit that again then found my original and now I have three tickets open with all the information on the link your suggesting.

Therefore i respectfully ask... Next, I want a Dev to post on this issue so please go tell one of them to come here, because that e-mail solution doesn't do crap. I will have my retail code before you guys even fix the pre-order code issue at this rate.

Here is my solution to everyone having this issue. We should all cancel our orders and then reorder to generate a new pre-order code. Yes it resets the entry time on early access but what's the difference at this point.

Either that or a DEV COULD RESPOND.

Faarsider
12.14.2011 , 08:36 AM | #9

Hey hey

Please don't reply here with a standard response when you haven't read fully the thread and the issue that we are faced with.

if you had read our posts you would see we have already inititated responses with "Customer Services" so you link quoting the following :-

If you have already applied a pre-order code to your account, you do not need to modify it or add a second one if you upgraded your edition. Any pre-order code applied to your account will only grant you Early Game Access and the Color Stone item.

When you receive your product code at launch and apply this to your account you will then be granted the in-game items that are associated with the version that you have purchased.

If you did not receive a pre-order code from your retailer or if you got an error message that your pre-order code has already been used, please send an email to support@swtor.com with the following information:
Image of your pre-order code(if you have been issued a used one)
Image of your receipt of pre-order
Address of retailers store OR if you purchased online, their URL

is of no use to the posters in this thread so I kindly ask that you escalate this to JovethGonzalez

Varges
12.14.2011 , 08:39 AM | #10

Secondly if we do not have this issue resolved by Launch wich i doubt we will it is no longer an incovinience, at that ime you will have taken 5 dollars from those player with the issue and not granted any EGA to them. You at that time have take money and do not deliver what is prommised "some sort of EGA before the 20th" with a pre-order code.