Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coilcoid Wargames: Don't make minigame encounters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Coilcoid Wargames: Don't make minigame encounters

Hi_Im_A_Sith
02.13.2012 , 05:48 AM | #11
I liked it, but they really should have intructions. Seems to take people (myself included) a long time to figure out how to use the turrets correctly.

Siorac
02.13.2012 , 05:50 AM | #12
Turret minigame is fine, I actually liked that (it's okay in Kaon as well). The following "puzzle" with the force fields, however, is merely tedious. Alternative mechanics do have their place in the game but that one, in my opinion, just sucked.

Hellgar
02.13.2012 , 05:50 AM | #13
The only problem I found with Colicoid Wargames is that the turrets dismount you when you try to firemanually and nowhere is said that you should just aim.

HellFlame
02.13.2012 , 05:51 AM | #14
First of all that fp is a joke seriously.
If an operation comes out including that next patch /unsub.

The whole flashpoint is boring and yes i completed it.
Compared to the joke Bioware calls "Nightmare".. this is even a bigger joke.

If you think you can pug that one gl hf. If one guy sucks dont even try again you gonna have a wipefest.

Just do PvP or quests and you gonna get more xp and out-lvl the items you get from the flashpoints easily...
SW:TOR Endgame

realID
02.13.2012 , 05:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
There is no tutorial or guidance on how it works, we just have to figure it out by trial and error. I find this infuriating, doubly because I didn't enter a flashpoint to play a very low grade minigame.

Wow, trial and error in a boss encounter you've never seen before?! I am shocked, truly.

Colocoid Wargames is one of the best flashpoints out there.

Novastinger
02.13.2012 , 08:54 AM | #16
I'd have to agree, the turret part of Colicoid was the worst part of any of the flashpoints. It's a repetitious annoyance of a minigame that has no point in being in a group zone. You'd either have done it and wiped a few times, and then it's tremendously easy every time afterwards, or you have someone in group that hasn't done it before and you have to waste time while they learn.

The zone is fun after the turret parts though.

Graburr
02.13.2012 , 08:55 AM | #17
seriously bioware, what were you thinking FORCING people to run colicoid and figure something out themselves? I don't pay a monthly sub to have a choice between several FPs and still run colicoid!

remove that or I'll quit!!!!!!!!!!!! how DARE you make an instance that is not a boring and mindless zerg through trash till the boss? fail!!!11!elevensies

Novastinger
02.13.2012 , 09:02 AM | #18
If I wanted mindless point and aim style minigame I'd play a flash based browser game. That doesn't pin failure on the required success of 3 others.

Teldaril
02.13.2012 , 09:39 AM | #19
Please more encounter that differ from the norm. I love some variety in encounter mechanics and vehicle encounters contribute to such a variety. I liked to figure out what to do and this encounter is VERY easy when you know what to do.
TANKING: A PRIMER by Gankstah et al
Tanking stat spreadsheet online by LagunaD et al

dannomite
02.13.2012 , 09:43 AM | #20
Turrets don't bother me... the puzzle part is more annoying as it kills the fun out of trying to solo an instance after you massively outlevel it.
"My name isn't slick. It's Zoidberg... John <explicit> Zoidberg."
Ginyuu 50 Scoundrel - The Fatman
Kramden 50 Guardian - The Fatman