Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treasure hunting: What happened to gemstone missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Treasure hunting: What happened to gemstone missions?

Rhazesx
01.05.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1
Anyone else having problems getting gemstone missions since last patch for Grade 6?

I keep getting lock box or companion gift missions. These are useless for anyone who has been level 50 for more than a week and runs missions.

Sending 5 companions on missions non stop and if im lucky 1 out of 5 missions is for Gemstones, right now the last 10 missions was all lockbox or gifts. I keep sending them on them in hopes to see a refresh of gemstones missions. Last week there was always 2 gemstone missions available.

AidenPryde
01.05.2012 , 01:11 PM | #2
I am also max TH, and I have only seen 2 abundant level 6 gemstone missions since I hit 400.

I've been running them constantly and have probably done about 30-40 missions and only two of those were abundant.

What is worse is that the second Abundant mission I saw got deleted from my Missions Window when Vette came back. So in actuality I have only run ONE abundant mission.

The only explanation I have so far is that Bioware wants us to purchase level 340 purple missions from other players.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through Power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mjczz
11.23.2017 , 08:52 AM | #3
I'm creating this thread...hoping to get some momentum behind getting better farming capabilities for gemstones. It's a time consuming process to run missions to get gemstones and they are an integral part of item creation. I understand that making certain elements difficult / time consuming to obtain in order not to flood the system with the material or items, but this is ridiculous...three hours of missions for a 20 count of grade 7 gemstones....

Thoughts from the crowd welcomed.....

SteveTheCynic
11.23.2017 , 09:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mjczz View Post
I'm creating this thread...hoping to get some momentum behind getting better farming capabilities for gemstones. It's a time consuming process to run missions to get gemstones and they are an integral part of item creation. I understand that making certain elements difficult / time consuming to obtain in order not to flood the system with the material or items, but this is ridiculous...three hours of missions for a 20 count of grade 7 gemstones....

Thought 1: You are guilty of the worst kind of thread-necro.(1) Those people were talking about something only loosely related, and they were doing it five years ago.

Thought 2: You didn't create a thread. You hijacked an ancient thread to create a post.

Thought 3: No, gemstone farming is just fine. What do you need 20 grade 7 stones for anyway?

To improve how this works for you:
* Increase the influence level of your companions. This will make them finish missions and crafting projects faster.
* Increase the influence level of your companions. This will make them get critical successes more often. Critical successes give more blue-grade gemstones and ALSO give purple-grade gemstones if you do the right missions.
* Craft-while-play == play the game normally while your companions are crafting things or running missions, so that the time becomes "dual-use".
* Craft-while-don't-play == remember to launch crew skill tasks (crafting and/or missions) before logging out. You will receive the results when you next log in to that character.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

psandak
11.24.2017 , 08:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Thought 3: No, gemstone farming is just fine. What do you need 20 grade 7 stones for anyway?
Dye modules. There are a few desired dyes that come from grade 7 materials.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mjczz View Post

I agree with SteveTheCynic, you should have created a NEW thread for this not posted in a loosely related thread from five years.

That said, this is why I:
#1 maintain a stock of all grades of gemstones, as soon as I dip into the teens I start focusing on that grade until I get to 20+. This way I can continue to produce what I want, and have some stock available.
#2 save my jawa scrap, so that if there is a run on a particular grade and I know I will not have time to recoup my stick with missions, I spend some jawa scrap and purchase what I need
#3 regularly watch for deals on the GTN
#4 have three treasure hunting characters. Artifice is unusual in that all grades of materials remain viable all the time, therefore one needs a larger supply line. For me archaeology materials mostly come from SH decorations, so it is only the TH gemstones I have to worry about.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date