Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats for Sage

Darrel
01.05.2012 , 09:35 AM | #1
What are the priority stats for a Sage? Obviously willpower is #1 but what about after that? Power? Crit?

Ruuprect
01.05.2012 , 11:23 AM | #2
It depends on whether you are heals or dps.

For heals I think it is willpower = endurance > Power > Crit > Alacrity

For DPS Willpower = Endurance > Power > Crit > Surge

This is just my opinion I am not aware of any caps and I am no math wiz. But this makes the most sense to me

Arkene
01.05.2012 , 11:26 AM | #3
For me, its Willpower > Crit > Surge > Power > End > Armour

reasoning being that the more i crit and the more i crit for the better both my heals and my DPS is.

Volkrisse
01.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkene View Post
For me, its Willpower > Crit > Surge > Power > End > Armour

reasoning being that the more i crit and the more i crit for the better both my heals and my DPS is.
True, but the issue with that is now you're relying on critting for heals. As a healer, I would rather have consistent heals that I can KNOW that it will heal this much, so im not guessing everytime when I should start healing and hope it will crit to stop from overheal. Helps with keeping an eye of force, so you don't burn through it on the first 1/4 of the bosses life.

EDIT: Heal Spec: Willpower > Power >Alac > Crit
╠══ √◘Lk Industries ══╣

Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy. I'm just here to supply the sticks

Khadroth
01.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
What are the priority stats for a Sage? Obviously willpower is #1 but what about after that? Power? Crit?
Depends on your spec. From a TK sage perspective:

I'm gunna say Power and Crit are equal until around 30%, which should mean you've gotten fairly good gear and now have enough crit to sustain yourself efficiently with effusion.

From there I'd favor Power > Surge > Alacrity = Crit. Surge is a wonderful stat for a crit heavy spec like ours, especially when we already receive an additional 50% surge on 3 of our abilities, have a CD that increases crit chance by 60% until 2 crits occur, and have an ability that Auto-Crits. Power will still be king in the long run, but only because it always effects our dmg output on every cast, unlike the other stats.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

GarbonzotheDude
01.05.2012 , 12:21 PM | #6
Does anyone at this point know if there is a limit point wise for the stats where you start receiving diminsihed returns?

As an example, in some games a level 50 gains benefits from stats up to getting the stat to 500 but past that the benefits drop off. So there isn't any reason to pad a stat over 500 because you gain minimal to no benefit from it. Anyone know if that exists in this game and if so what the magic number(s) is/are?

Volkrisse
01.05.2012 , 12:29 PM | #7
I haven't seen anything about soft or hard caps for stats yet.
╠══ √◘Lk Industries ══╣

Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy. I'm just here to supply the sticks

Mordecay
01.06.2012 , 07:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruuprect View Post
It depends on whether you are heals or dps.

For heals I think it is willpower = endurance > Power > Crit > Alacrity

For DPS Willpower = Endurance > Power > Crit > Surge

This is just my opinion I am not aware of any caps and I am no math wiz. But this makes the most sense to me
as healer you don't want Alacrity cuz it has huge impact on force management - faster casts = increased use of force = faster running out of it, and remember that unlike other mmos we have fixed never changing regeneration rate of force.

so instead of going in to spam mode and burning your force quick it is better to focus on efficiency that in this case is given by increased base of your heals (willpower and power) and critical potential (more cirts = bigger numbers = less casts required to top targets of) which in out case is critical rating and surge rating

So for healer i would say stick to:

willpower > power > crit > surge rating

as for dps tele spec has incredible synergy with critical hits but also faster activation has a impact on your over all dps - more events in a same given time bracket = higher damage done that has direct impact on dps. But as damage dealer you are also affected by accuracy that over 100% cap reduces target's resistances to your attacks so in your case as a dps choices you should aim for

willpower > power > accuracy (100%) > crit > alacrity
Madpolany - lvl50 Jedi Sage - Luca Sene EU

Khadroth
01.06.2012 , 10:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
as healer you don't want Alacrity cuz it has huge impact on force management - faster casts = increased use of force = faster running out of it, and remember that unlike other mmos we have fixed never changing regeneration rate of force.

so instead of going in to spam mode and burning your force quick it is better to focus on efficiency that in this case is given by increased base of your heals (willpower and power) and critical potential (more cirts = bigger numbers = less casts required to top targets of) which in out case is critical rating and surge rating

So for healer i would say stick to:

willpower > power > crit > surge rating

as for dps tele spec has incredible synergy with critical hits but also faster activation has a impact on your over all dps - more events in a same given time bracket = higher damage done that has direct impact on dps. But as damage dealer you are also affected by accuracy that over 100% cap reduces target's resistances to your attacks so in your case as a dps choices you should aim for

willpower > power > accuracy (100%) > crit > alacrity
That's what you would normally think if this were WoW, but you really don't run OOF with free NS procs off of Healing Trance. Hence Alacrity just making your heals land faster consistently.

Also accuracy is useless for a DPS Sage. We start at 100% and can't get it on any gear other than to mod it in. In PvP, the only place it might come into play thanks to player defenses, it still isn't worth the investment. Again people need to get out of the WoW Hit cap mindset on this one. TOR is a similar yet completely different game.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

LagunaD
01.06.2012 , 10:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GarbonzotheDude View Post
Does anyone at this point know if there is a limit point wise for the stats where you start receiving diminsihed returns?

As an example, in some games a level 50 gains benefits from stats up to getting the stat to 500 but past that the benefits drop off. So there isn't any reason to pad a stat over 500 because you gain minimal to no benefit from it. Anyone know if that exists in this game and if so what the magic number(s) is/are?
There are caps and diminishing returns on the bonuses from all ratings (except Power), but there is no "limit point".

The cap on the rating bonus from most offensive stats is 30%. The cap on the rating bonus from Surge is 50%. Note this doesn't mean you can't have (say) a critical chance higher than 30%. Bonuses which come from talents, and your base critical chance, are not subject to diminishing returns. Diminishing returns and caps only affect the bonuses from ratings.

The way diminishing returns work is easy to understand. The value of adding a point of rating is proportional to fraction of the cap remaining above your current bonus.

Example:

The cap on the bonus from Critical Rating is 30%. If you already have a 10% bonus from Critical Rating, you are 20% below the cap (30% - 10% = 20%), and the next point of Critical Rating you add will contribute 2/3's of what the first point contributed.

If you somehow had a bonus of +20% from Critical Rating, you are 10% under the 30% cap, and the next point would add only 1/3 of the base value, and so on.

Reaching the cap is actually impossible (it would require an infinite amount of Critical Rating).
Dagoreth/Shadow - Martina/Sentinel - Sandrine/Commando - Silmara/Scoundrel
Jaysi/Gunslinger - Laranne/Sage - Lienke/Vanguard

Kischa/Juggernaut - Niobe/Assassin - Vixxa/Marauder
The Harbinger