Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smaois
12.29.2011 , 05:01 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

If you are receiving Error Code 9000, then first of all please check the Server Status Thread to see if there is currently any downtime scheduled for the server you are attempting to connect to. If there is no downtime scheduled, we would ask you to check the following:
  1. Restart the game and attempt to login again

2. Please ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.

3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 60 seconds and then turning it back on again.

4. You may need to add an exception for SWTOR.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus. You can find details on how to do so here.

5. If you are using a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please make sure it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.

6. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you could try disabling it.

If you are still receiving Error Code 9000 after checking the above, please reply with the following so as we can investigate further:
  1. How frequently you are experiencing Error Code 9000.
  2. What server are you mostly encountering this issue on.
  3. When you first encountered this issue.
  4. Your country or state.
Thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Parali
01.05.2012 , 09:01 AM | #2
Greetings, everyone!

The previous version of this thread has gone over 1000 posts, our maximum post threshold. We have created a new thread so that everyone may continue the discussion and we may continue to monitor this important game issue.

We understand that it is frustrating when a technical issue impacts your gameplay. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

bowlofcereal
01.05.2012 , 09:21 AM | #3
Let me start,

I had error 9000 from the 21st (which was the first day I bought the game) to the 31st.

On the 30th I installed Leatrix latency fix but still had the issues (errors 9000, 2005, 3, low red bars, red x bars, etc.) for two days. On the 1st (and since) I have had literally nothing but 4 full blue bars. I don't know if its due to Leatrix finally kicking in or what, but its much more fun playing now!

Was experiencing

4-5 log outs per hour, constant red bar interupttions (not resulting in error 9000 logouts)

Cho Mai server.

21st through 31st

USA/Illinois

//edit
[update on the 6th, 3:05pmcst]
Well the issues came back (red x, red bars, error 9000s) about a half hour ago. Will keep posted. // [8:20] - Issues are back, still. Hadn't done anything different throughout to switch back to red bars.

So to sum up:
December 21st - December 31st : Red Bars/Error 9000s
January 1st - January 5th : Blue bars
January 6 - ? : Red Bars/Error 9000s

Attempts//Updates:
Leatrix Latency Fix [December 30th] - not helping (now).
Run as administrator - didn't change anything
Update driver - didn't change anything [7th]
Still not working [9th]
Not working on maintenance day [10th] no surprise as there's been no patch

DrakMoment
01.05.2012 , 09:25 AM | #4
Every 1-2 hours of play. heavy lag followed by airport extreme reseting/renegotiating with ISP. nothing in error logs of router.
Krath
After official release
Ottawa, Canada. ISP Teksavvy (cable)

Sort of wonder if ISP's are detecting this as traffic that they "shape" or traffic that may look like an network attack and are temporarily dropping the connection. Only happens when playing SWTOR.

Should mention I am east coast playing on a west coast server because I saw several people mention that they had fewer disconnects if they went to the west coast servers and more if they went to the east coast servers (if they were also on east coast)

Jeffest
01.05.2012 , 09:27 AM | #5
How frequently you are experiencing Error Code 9000.

This varies dramatically. At some points I get it every few minutes, at other times I've gone hours without getting it.

What server are you mostly encountering this issue on.

Lord Adraas RP East Coast

When you first encountered this issue.

Somewhat recently (within the last week, I would guess). It never happened through 4 beta builds, nor the pre-order early access, but has now been happening on two different computers with two different OSs (vista and windows 7).

Your country or state.

North Carolina

Nutek
01.05.2012 , 09:31 AM | #6
To keep this current...

Varies. Every 20 - 30 minutes of play. Sometimes only 5 minutes. Massive latency, followed by a 9000, then sometimes followed by a 2005.

Various, but mainly Death Wind Corridor.

Day of Official release. No problems in beta or Early Access.

Connecticut, USA Comcast Cable.

This is affecting two accounts, running on two different computers. Sometimes both drop at once, sometimes only one.
when it gets to the 2005 it drops the router completely and it has to be reset.

No issues with other games (CoH, WoT, EVE online etc).

Tried all the suggested "fixes" nothing works.

Todsunde
01.05.2012 , 09:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Hi everyone,

The latest update on this is that we're investigating the root cause of this issue and we're getting closer to a resolution. We're going to need your help in investigating this further. If you are seeing Error Code 9000, please help us out by providing the following:

Please note that we currently do not have a resolution and this will only be used to help us investigate this issue further so that we can identify the cause.

Additionally, we understand that you are anxious for a resolution, but please refrain from "bumping" this thread. Rest assured that we are keeping track of this issue.

Thank you for your help and your patience. With your help, we hope that we can identify the problem and work towards a resolution soon.
I have posted previously and also tried all the so-called fixes and none of them worked.
I really shouldn't have to alter so many things just to play one game.

1- I experience this problem every time I play. It seems that being in a group
effects it somehow. I can usually run around solo and I don't experience dc's
that I can recall. I can't get into flashpoints because I'm dc'ed every 2 minutes
or so

2- Assassins of Sion

3- First encountered the issue after the patch before last

4- Waldorf, MD

I all want to do is play the game...pls pls hurry up and resolve this issue

Shurato
01.05.2012 , 10:14 AM | #8
Hi everyone,

The latest update on this is that we're investigating the root cause of this issue and we're getting closer to a resolution. We're going to need your help in investigating this further. If you are seeing Error Code 9000, please help us out by providing the following:

Please note that we currently do not have a resolution and this will only be used to help us investigate this issue further so that we can identify the cause.

Additionally, we understand that you are anxious for a resolution, but please refrain from "bumping" this thread. Rest assured that we are keeping track of this issue.

Thank you for your help and your patience. With your help, we hope that we can identify the problem and work towards a resolution soon.
  1. Frequency varies. Some days I won't see it at all, others every couple of hours, generally when grouped, in combat or both and preceded by lag spikes upwards to 21k ms latency.
  2. Krayt Dragon
  3. First week of launch to present.
  4. United States

SithyJerry
01.05.2012 , 10:21 AM | #9
Hi everyone,

1 : exactly once a day always on the evening after roughly 8pm and lately almost always after midnight (gmt+1 amsterdam/paris)

2 : on all the EU servers i've tried so i dont think its a specific server problem.
3 : starting on the 13th of december. (no problems in beta weekends)
4 : Netherlands
DDE VIP and CE vip (yup 2 accounts w00t)

Heimskringla
01.05.2012 , 10:34 AM | #10
1. Once every 5-15 minutes.
2. Hyperspace Cannon
3. 1/4/2012 at around 9PM while completing The Foundry flashpoint with a group.
4. US/FL

Last night it only happened during a flashpoint. I have tried multiple wireless adapters, two wired NICs, and a spare router... the problem persists.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.