Gender based relationships - No ****?

Mamamorton

This has probably been mentioned before, and in that case, I apologize for taking up unnecessary space on the forums.

Anyway, I'm gonna go straight forward with this. I play a female Sith Warrior, haven't reached max level yet. But I've got all my companions but one. Obviously, everyone has their favorite companions. The companion you like the most, is probably based most upon utility and/or effect.

I'm almost sure I'm not the only one, but I like to choose my favorite companion, from their personality, of course their usability is of importance too, but that's not the point of this post.

I've grown fond of my companion, Jaesa Wilsaam's personality, and the way my storyline is connected to her, being her "master" and all that. But since I'm a female, I'm not able to establish a relationship with her, as I would be able to with Lieutenant Pierce or Malavai Quinn. Perhaps I'm too much of a roleplayer, but I rest my case.

TL:DR : SWTOR, Y U NO allow relationships to whatever gender we feel like? :)

I've grown fond of my companion, Jaesa Wilsaam's personality, and the way my storyline is connected to her, being her "master" and all that. But since I'm a female, I'm not able to establish a relationship with her, as I would be able to with Lieutenant Pierce or Malavai Quinn. Perhaps I'm too much of a roleplayer, but I rest my case.

If you were really a roleplayer and liked Jaesa's personality, you would respect her sexual preferences and stop trying to force yourself on her. She's just not that into you. Sorry.

If you were really a roleplayer and liked Jaesa's personality, you would respect her sexual preferences and stop trying to force yourself on her. She's just not that into you. Sorry.

You know she's straight? She should be bi! :o

Either way same sex relations are coming eventually.

I love the way oppression, suppression, and persecution of the GLBT isn't political or hate-based. But the GLBT community wanting to be acknowledged and accepted is just political extremism or perversion.

Doesn't matter. Not having it is no indication of being aginst it. But by TC post and how gamers are in general..it is for perverse reasons only. Its pathetic. Nothing closed minded about it.

No one can explain why romancing a video game character is perverse if it's the same sex, but not perverse if it's straight. Seriously. Think about what you're saying. If you're a male character and you find your female npc pretend-attractive, and you pursue a video game relationship with her, is that not for the purpose of your own titilation/amusement?

a straight man might find a female-female relationship titilating. A straight man would also find a male-female relationship titilating. Why is only one of these things perverse?

GET OVER IT.

I'm for same-sex romances, and it's not because I'm sitting around stroking it to the game. It's more because I tend to play female characters in these games, as a straight man, I do it because I just like women in general. I don't consider the person in the game to be "me". It's just a game. (Additionally, I think the male art in this game just looks kind of goofy/dumb. The females look way better.)

I find the idea of romancing some lame guy kind of irritating, though, so experiencing this part of the game is closed off to me.

wo is me, the oppressed, forgotten, straight white 18-35 male. :p

Edited by twotimingpete

Oh please, would you stop the immature assumptions already? I has got nothing to do with fetishes, at least not in my case. Perhaps it does for others, but hey, people are free to like what they want. I'm just sayin'. The way I see it, it's just adding more flexibility to the roleplay portion of the game. I am not shy to admit, that I'm a lesbian, and I want to develop my own character as I please. For me it would be just as natural to build relationships with female/female characters, as it would be with male/female characters for straights :p

Why the provocative/angry responses? It's unnecessary, and I certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just putting it out there :)

You can stay on that high horse all day..but fact remans i never said i was against same sex relationships as the way people are ..don't bother me..but anyone who read TC post and a majority of others can see that's not why. I was against useless development to satisfy this group. But hey if you hate yourself so much to make things different then what was said to somehow make yourself feel better..go ahead. Doesn't mean your right tho..you just look like a tool

Hello everyone!

Since we feel that the current discussion for same gender romance has run its course and due to the volatile nature of the conversation, we are closing this thread. For our official statement, please see the following:

Official statement follows:

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in
Star Wars:
The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.

Should anyone have any questions or concerns, please do email us: bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com.

We appreciate your understanding!