Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gender based relationships - No ****?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gender based relationships - No ****?

Mamamorton
01.05.2012 , 07:59 AM | #1
This has probably been mentioned before, and in that case, I apologize for taking up unnecessary space on the forums.

Anyway, I'm gonna go straight forward with this. I play a female Sith Warrior, haven't reached max level yet. But I've got all my companions but one. Obviously, everyone has their favorite companions. The companion you like the most, is probably based most upon utility and/or effect.
I'm almost sure I'm not the only one, but I like to choose my favorite companion, from their personality, of course their usability is of importance too, but that's not the point of this post.
I've grown fond of my companion, Jaesa Wilsaam's personality, and the way my storyline is connected to her, being her "master" and all that. But since I'm a female, I'm not able to establish a relationship with her, as I would be able to with Lieutenant Pierce or Malavai Quinn. Perhaps I'm too much of a roleplayer, but I rest my case.

TLR : SWTOR, Y U NO allow relationships to whatever gender we feel like?

Cheyko
01.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #2
I have no problem with same sex relationships so... yeah... I don't care if bioware adds this or not. As of now I just roll a male anyway. *shrugs*

KorwinOfAmber
01.05.2012 , 08:05 AM | #3
Yeah, thats a real issue? I play a male Sith Sorcerrer and for some reason i am penalized in my options to romance my favorite companion - Khem Val! Let alone, i have no option to romance a battle droid on my Trooper, at all! Its outrageous!

utio
01.05.2012 , 08:05 AM | #4
It's coming at some point
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Kasnova
01.05.2012 , 08:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamamorton View Post
I've grown fond of my companion, Jaesa Wilsaam's personality, and the way my storyline is connected to her, being her "master" and all that. But since I'm a female, I'm not able to establish a relationship with her, as I would be able to with Lieutenant Pierce or Malavai Quinn. Perhaps I'm too much of a roleplayer, but I rest my case.
If you were really a roleplayer and liked Jaesa's personality, you would respect her sexual preferences and stop trying to force yourself on her. She's just not that into you. Sorry.

drbeat
01.05.2012 , 08:07 AM | #6
C3PO would like to have a word with Lucas Arts.

LilPika
01.05.2012 , 08:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kasnova View Post
If you were really a roleplayer and liked Jaesa's personality, you would respect her sexual preferences and stop trying to force yourself on her. She's just not that into you. Sorry.
You know she's straight? She should be bi! :O

Either way same sex relations are coming eventually.
Neutral Auction House, trainers and bank all on Nar Shaddaa, Lower Promenade. Start trading there already!

Netheos
01.05.2012 , 08:08 AM | #8
Thanks for the spoilers.

Quip
01.05.2012 , 08:14 AM | #9
I love the way oppression, suppression, and persecution of the GLBT isn't political or hate-based. But the GLBT community wanting to be acknowledged and accepted is just political extremism or perversion.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
4/22. After this date, the Off-Topic forum will no longer be available.

twotimingpete
01.05.2012 , 08:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xRydisx View Post
Doesn't matter. Not having it is no indication of being aginst it. But by TC post and how gamers are in general..it is for perverse reasons only. Its pathetic. Nothing closed minded about it.
No one can explain why romancing a video game character is perverse if it's the same sex, but not perverse if it's straight. Seriously. Think about what you're saying. If you're a male character and you find your female npc pretend-attractive, and you pursue a video game relationship with her, is that not for the purpose of your own titilation/amusement?

a straight man might find a female-female relationship titilating. A straight man would also find a male-female relationship titilating. Why is only one of these things perverse?

GET OVER IT.