Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG with untraining SLICING

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
BUG with untraining SLICING

Stormknight
12.14.2011 , 12:21 AM | #1
I selected SLICING crew skill and after gaining 4 points in it decided that I wanted to switch.

No problem I thought, there's a [X] button for that on the Crew Management dialog, so I clicked it. I got the, "Do you wish to untrain your crew skill?" question dialog and answered, "Yes"

This set my slicing skill to 0/400.

I tried to train Underworld Trading and got the, "You must unlearn one of your crew skills before ....." message.

Looking back at my crew skills page, I click the [X] against my Slicing skill (as mentioned above, it's showing 0/400 skill) and get the, "Do you wish to untrain your crew skill?" dialog again. On selecting [Yes] I get "Unknown crew skill" in the middle of the screen in red text for a few seconds and that's it.

I can repeat the last couple of steps 100% reproducable. I've tried re-logging too.

I was able to resolve it finally by fully quitting the game and restarting the client.
Dead I am the one, Exterminating son
Slipping through the trees, strangling the breeze
Dead I am the sky, watching angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worm

Lasarith
12.14.2011 , 02:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
I selected SLICING crew skill and after gaining 4 points in it decided that I wanted to switch.

No problem I thought, there's a [X] button for that on the Crew Management dialog, so I clicked it. I got the, "Do you wish to untrain your crew skill?" question dialog and answered, "Yes"

This set my slicing skill to 0/400.

I tried to train Underworld Trading and got the, "You must unlearn one of your crew skills before ....." message.

Looking back at my crew skills page, I click the [X] against my Slicing skill (as mentioned above, it's showing 0/400 skill) and get the, "Do you wish to untrain your crew skill?" dialog again. On selecting [Yes] I get "Unknown crew skill" in the middle of the screen in red text for a few seconds and that's it.

I can repeat the last couple of steps 100% reproducable. I've tried re-logging too.

I was able to resolve it finally by fully quitting the game and restarting the client.
I was going to say try Restarting- but you figered it out you,re self

Better put a Bug report in for it.
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Lysysh
12.14.2011 , 09:33 AM | #3
I had the same problem. I tried to unlearn investigation, and couldn't pick up a new skill. The old one showed up at 0/400, and attempting to unlearn it again resulted in the "Unknown Crew Skill" message.

Restarting the game client fixed it, however.

laural
12.14.2011 , 10:43 AM | #4
I had this bug in beta and reported it back then. I'm a bit surprised it's still there. Thanks for mentioning it, though, so I don't do it again (as well as others).

JaxinRiens
12.14.2011 , 10:49 AM | #5
I reported this bug in beta as well but i also found it to be related to some form of final data save done on your account when you close out of the game.

For instance when you log in the client opens a database connection to access your characters whatever you do to your characters ( change keybindings, gain skills etc) is updated in your characters database entry. When you dropped the skill the server had not be updated of your new status due to latency a delayed injectction or something else. Restartign teh client closed the connection ran a final update and when you relogged your character information was correct.

This is a similar issue to the Hard crash loose key binds bug. I testted to see if keybindings persisted through builds when they did not wipe characters to confirm that upon suffering a hard client crash yoru characters datatables becoem locked in an open state that takes teh game soem time to correct upon login. Likely also linked to the perpetual loading cog from beta.
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Jahne Riens::Caenen Riens:: Naekino Riens::Kadall::Reyla::Saedes
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus