Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you want to see next from the star wars series?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What do you want to see next from the star wars series?

Darthjazzyjeff
01.12.2012 , 10:26 AM | #21
A rewrite and refilm of the prequel movies, directed by someone other than Lucas. Maybe Peter Jackson or JJ Abrams.

Though if it were Abrams, all the lightsabers would have lens flares.
Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.
A smuggler on the other hand...

OmySpy
01.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #22
I would like a Blu-Ray release of the original trilogy/without the added things of the re-releases. I don't mind some of the additions, but I just don't need them, and I feel like every time they are released more things are added to them. I just want the original version that my family had on VHS, in higher quality. (If they wanted to keep the updated Lightsaber effects, that's fine, I did like those)

I watch Star Wars movies for those iconic scenes: Cantina, Millenium Falcon vs 4 TIEs, attack on the Death Star, Battle of Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, Jabba's Palace, pretty much everything in the last half of RotJ, and especially Luke and Vader with the Emperor. Also, pretty much every one of Darth Vader's lines is quote-worthy. (Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly? ) I understand that George Lucas wanted to put some things into the movies that he wasn't able to before, but I feel like they are distracting from the reasons I love the movies so much in the first place.

jmchris
01.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #23
A tv series or a made for tv movie about Mara Jade. They could make it out to where she was abused when she was young, and they can put it on Lifetime.

Maximanimo
01.12.2012 , 01:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Twindragons View Post
Make a game that is for Xbox 360 - PS3

.Massively free roam
.Free choice on everything
.Over 50+ planets
.Massive planet areas to fully explore
.Many different races to choose from
including all the jedi masters from ep1-3+ swtor
.Actual Jedi armour! like the movies. and choice of colours
.Better combat, harder fights, Longer game, More main and side quests
.More choice on class and skills, no ******** power attacks, just unseen force powers like the movies
.fully interactive areas, and destructable
.better leveling system.

If lucas wants to know more contact me, i already have plenty of ideas plotted out lol. I have a nack for using my imagination.
not sure if srs with 50 planets
R.I.P SWG. Europe farstar yo!

EngineerDavid
01.12.2012 , 02:30 PM | #25
Movies and a series about the KOTOR era

Man the story in KOTOR 1 was the only story that could rival the Old Trilogy(almost)

"I'm your father" - Darth Vader

"Your Revan" - Darth Malak

Both made me go: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeffor
01.12.2012 , 03:11 PM | #26
I am hoping that in ten years or so we can have another MMO set in the real SW universe/era. I like the KOTOR era but I wish this game would have been set in the clone wars era instead. Maybe it's just because I remember the movies from my childhood but if it doesn't have Luke, Han or Chewy it's hard to think of it as Star Wars. I guess I"m old lol.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

RuffDaRuffest
01.12.2012 , 03:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthjazzyjeff View Post
A rewrite and refilm of the prequel movies, directed by someone other than Lucas. Maybe Peter Jackson or JJ Abrams.

Though if it were Abrams, all the lightsabers would have lens flares.
Yes, let Jackson direct SW, and screw it up as he screwed up LotR.

All I'd like to see is remastered original trilogy, hate me, but I'd like to see it with better visual effects

Maybe something to explain us what happened between **** Revenge and New Hope, or what came after Jedi's Return and all books.

psandak
01.12.2012 , 03:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
I am hoping that in ten years or so we can have another MMO set in the real SW universe/era. I like the KOTOR era but I wish this game would have been set in the clone wars era instead. Maybe it's just because I remember the movies from my childhood but if it doesn't have Luke, Han or Chewy it's hard to think of it as Star Wars. I guess I"m old lol.
The problem is that they've been there done that with SWG and it did not go over very well. One of the major issues with that time frame for games is no jedi. And let's face it, most gamers who want to play SW games want to be a jedi.

Personally, at this point I think the best move for the SW franchise is to just live in the realm of novels and tabletop RPGs. We all have in our heads what Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Anakin, Obi Wan, Yoda, and even Bail Organa and Wedge Antilles, etc look and sound like. Creating a TV series with these characters (unless it is animated) will ruin what most of us think about when we hear Star Wars. With books the characters remain intact but the stories can continue.

KnightGreg
01.12.2012 , 08:39 PM | #29
Mandalorian Wars and/or the Great Hyperspace War movies or TV shows. That seems like a pretty rich environment to expand Star Wars and bring in some cash although it's not like George Lucas needs it. He's worth $3.25 billion.

I also want a Battlefront 3. KOTOR 3 won't happen because with the release of TOR there's no where to go. There was peace for the 300 in between them so unless you want to run around talking to people you're not going to get KOTOR 3.

NewBombay
01.12.2012 , 08:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredOfMMOS View Post
star wars battle front 3
KOTOR 3
Yes! Battle Front 3 would be nice. I'm the kind of guy who would play a Star Wars game if it had everything except lightsabers and the force. I'm more interested in piloting and space combat when it comes to Star Wars games.
Play me in the winter, play me in the summer
Play me in the autumn, any order
You want 'em I got 'em, dripping like water
Catch me at a hot spot with the Dust Daughters