Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech Grenades. Can I use them if I drop Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech Grenades. Can I use them if I drop Cybertech?

kvelwulf
01.05.2012 , 01:30 AM | #1
Does anyone know if I drop cybertech, will I still be able to us the wynz-tek grenades?

Thanks.

kvelwulf
01.05.2012 , 07:08 AM | #2
I am just wondering, because I am going to drop it for biochem and don't want to waste the material gathered from a heroics on something I wouldn't be able to use.

Guadka
01.05.2012 , 07:10 AM | #3
To the best of my knowledge, they require Cybertech to use.
These blast points... too accurate for sand people.

FalmeseReb
01.05.2012 , 07:21 AM | #4
the lvl 20 ones dont, dunno about the higher tier ones.

Racheakt
01.05.2012 , 07:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Guadka View Post
To the best of my knowledge, they require Cybertech to
use.
No they do not (disclaimer : have not made them myself yet), if you look at the the item it does not have "Requires Cybertech (1)" like the BIO reusables do.

I plan on crafting the grenades, all 3 bikes and outfitting my ship in the crafted ship mods, and crafting the best crit crafted earpiece @ 50 I can make, then i am going to drop cyber and grind out bio for the medkit.

Guadka
01.06.2012 , 12:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Racheakt View Post
No they do not (disclaimer : have not made them myself yet), if you look at the the item it does not have "Requires Cybertech (1)" like the BIO reusables do.

I plan on crafting the grenades, all 3 bikes and outfitting my ship in the crafted ship mods, and crafting the best crit crafted earpiece @ 50 I can make, then i am going to drop cyber and grind out bio for the medkit.
Almost positive that the re-useable grenades require Cybertech to use, if not I see a requirement being implemented very soon.
These blast points... too accurate for sand people.

Meriki
01.06.2012 , 12:54 AM | #7
That would be a bummer. It would be cool to make grenades for others.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Play the Fyxt RPG for free! It combines the easy of digital technology with the fun of a tabletop RPG.

Ashane
01.06.2012 , 12:55 AM | #8
Yes if you drop Cybertech you can still use the grenades.

Same with Biochem.

Yes we've done it.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

nikeportugal
01.20.2012 , 03:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
Yes if you drop Cybertech you can still use the grenades.

Same with Biochem.

Yes we've done it.
I'm assuming they fixed that in 1.1??

As it should be, having it the other way is total bs..

Mozivicus
01.20.2012 , 03:26 PM | #10
AFAIK, the level 20 and 40 grenades can be used by non Cybertech players. I've given level 20 grenades out to others to use, and they've been able to use them. I haven't given any of the level 40 ones out yet though, so I guess I'm not 100% sure on those...although, there's nothing stating anywhere that they "requires cybertech level X to use".

I have read elsewhere that the re-usable ones DO require you to be X level in cybertech to use them.....just like the re-usable biotech stims and medpacks. It is a perk to the profession, just like it is to biochem for their stims and medpacks.