Pulling mobs when on speeder :(

Tyranor

Pulling mobs when on speeder is getting a bit frustrating, even when i go out of my way to avoid them.

is this a bug or is there something else

PLEASE reduce the area in wich u pull mobs / the % of this happening or better increase the speeders armor so we can zoom past em.

even the 110% version wich is supposed to offer protection is CRAP

anyone else agree that this is frustrating?

it is kinda random (more often than not) wich is why i think is bugged

its ok to battle mobs,.....however to be pulled of your speeder at every corner orso gets old real fast.

would be awesome if u can run em over,or they would jump out the way.

ive encountered this the most in the nar shaddaa lower levels

wow has a good system for this imho

lower level mobs tend to disregard you,unles your all up in their faces

higher level mobs are easier to pull.

but wow is mostly open space whereas swtor has lots of small areas

quiktravel ftw

quiktravel cooldown FTL

At speeder 1 you still pull aggro on a speeder as normal, I believe, you still have to stay away from them.

EDIT: Apparently higher levels of speeder lower the aggro you can pull.

Edited by Poeju

I agree just getting knocked off your speeder like nothing happened is not very realistic.

I think it would be a lot better if when you got knocked off of your speeder, you would take crash damage based on how fast you were going and what you hit when you landed.

This crash damage could range from road rash all the way up to permanent character disability or death. In any case, your speeder should certainly be destroyed in the crash when you get knocked off and have a change of exploding for AoE damage with a random range.

crash damage is cool if u sustain a criticall hit ( like a mounted cannon)

ur speeder would take damage instead of ur armor.

but i should be able to zoom past mobs if i want to, or have them jump out the way

a airhorn would be cool

My problem is with big droids and canoneers .

You end up getting a rocket in the back , you fall of your bike and your character stays on the ground for like 3 seconds , while they keep bombarding you . And those 3 seconds are neither delay or lag . That's the pure design of it and the it must be the most annoying thing while leveling your character .

Pulling mobs when on speeder is getting a bit frustrating, even when i go out of my way to avoid them.

is this a bug or is there something else

PLEASE reduce the area in wich u pull mobs / the % of this happening or better increase the speeders armor so we can zoom past em.

even the 110% version wich is supposed to offer protection is CRAP

anyone else agree that this is frustrating?

Hey, at least the mobs are not stringing cables across the road and /twanging you off your vehicle. ;)

Honestly, I've not had much problem with it. I have on the other hand used my STAP to drive right into a pack of mobs, hit force sweep, and then proceed to gut them with my lightsaber. That's fun.

Nar in general is a mob fest anyways, but when it's the busy part of the server day, they are pretty thinned out due to all the gankage on mobs by players.

On a lighter note, anyone try driving their speeder off the taxi pads yet? Curious how the death experience is. :D

• 12 years later...