IA Operative Healing

OneWordSpoken

Is anyone else having trouble?

Maybe it's my level. At 36 I am finding some classes do more damage than I can heal through. Just flat out. If I run up to a group and someone is half-life, I just move on to another more life target and start my Hot-Hot, Diagnostic Scan Spam - trying to use TA procs to get a measly 1k heal off every now and again.

ThenI usually burn big cooldowns and stay alive for a few more seconds hoping that I can find some LOS to spam my 2 second cast time heal.

Why the two hot's don't tick independantly I don't know. I'd love to see that changed though.

I guess what I'm hoping is that some High Level IA Operative Healer can tell me that healing gets better with gear. And/or levels. Or that hopefully soon our healing toolkit will pass some Dev's desk and we can have them take a long hard look at things.

If you have something constructive to say, please advise.

I literally JUST hit 40 but so far I can tell you it hasn't been easy, but it's been fun.

Keeping HoTs on people, prioritzing, etc all plays into it.

Let me ask...

Are you hitting Shield probe early, and often?

Is stim boost ever off?

Do you keep 2 stacks of HoT on yourself at least.

Do you ever ask for a Guard at the beginning of the WZ?

Are you using stealth to it's full advantage?

Have you used kolto infusion once since you got surgical probe? (If you answer yes then you're doing it wrong)

Finally, are you properly prioritizing? Sometimes it's necessary to let one die to keep others alive.

I can't give much advice beyond that, but gear is important. I've seen a lot of people running around in crap gear, getting steamrolled... make sure you do flashpoints and crafting to keep your gear up to date. (Personally, as a cybertech, all my gear is orange and I just kee pthe mods/armourings up to date and blue, enhancements I get from FP drops or commendations)

I literally JUST hit 40 but so far I can tell you it hasn't been easy, but it's been fun.

Keeping HoTs on people, prioritzing, etc all plays into it.

Let me ask...

Are you hitting Shield probe early, and often?

Is stim boost ever off?

Do you keep 2 stacks of HoT on yourself at least.

Do you ever ask for a Guard at the beginning of the WZ?

Are you using stealth to it's full advantage?

Have you used kolto infusion once since you got surgical probe? (If you answer yes then you're doing it wrong)

Finally, are you properly prioritizing? Sometimes it's necessary to let one die to keep others alive.

I can't give much advice beyond that, but gear is important. I've seen a lot of people running around in crap gear, getting steamrolled... make sure you do flashpoints and crafting to keep your gear up to date. (Personally, as a cybertech, all my gear is orange and I just kee pthe mods/armourings up to date and blue, enhancements I get from FP drops or commendations)

I use Stim Boost on CD

I hit Shield Probe Early, otherwise I die Quick

I always have HoT's on myself and often times my team-mates when we are about to engage

I use Kolto Infusion all the time. Not sure why you wouldn't. Surgical Probe is great and all, but it only hits for like 1k or so, and I find it works really well if I have to use it on myself when being focused and having to dive for LoS. Otherwise I spam it on targets that need a quick pick me up to get them through until I can get back to them.

What other suggestion would you have for Surgical Probe? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to have a stack of TA in order for it to be effectual which requires a Tick from one of your HoT's or Kolto Infusion. In which case, like I said, I'll use Surgical Probe as filler.

I think I do pretty well as a healer, usually getting MVP marks at the end of games. I hold my own. My concern is that there appear to be some glaring holes in the way the spec is setup. Namely the large amount of up front healing required to really be able to heal through an enemy's burst.

It's late, and I'm probably not wording things in the right context. It just feels like something is missing from the toolkit. I was hoping that feeling will go away with levels or gear. The times i'm not being focused by the enemy, are a lot of fun. :)

As a lvl 50 operative healer, I must say I am still learning how to play this class. I heal with great efficiency, but I know I can be much better.

Here are my tips:

Keep your energy above 75% at all times.

Use Kolto Injection on players you think will not die during the casting time (depends on situation)

Follow up with surgical probe immediately after injection.

Make sure you have kolto probes on as many players as possible, but watch your energy.

Always try to have 2 tactical advantages at hand.

Use toxin scan, especially in hutball, to remove negative effects and heal.

Do not be afraid to leave combat for few seconds and heal your self up, dead healer is useless to those still alive

Try to stack critical rating and surge on your equipement, you will crit more, especilly with skills in your skill tree, and your criticals will be stronger. At lvl 50, I easily crit for 3500-5500 on kolto injection.

I guess thats it, I wish the UI was better, since we have to watch the helath of others, our health, energy and tactical advantages at the same time, but it is managable.

As a lvl 50 operative healer, I must say I am still learning how to play this class. I heal with great efficiency, but I know I can be much better.

Here are my tips:

Keep your energy above 75% at all times.

Use Kolto Injection on players you think will not die during the casting time (depends on situation)

Follow up with surgical probe immediately after injection.

Make sure you have kolto probes on as many players as possible, but watch your energy.

Always try to have 2 tactical advantages at hand.

Use toxin scan, especially in hutball, to remove negative effects and heal.

Do not be afraid to leave combat for few seconds and heal your self up, dead healer is useless to those still alive

Try to stack critical rating and surge on your equipement, you will crit more, especilly with skills in your skill tree, and your criticals will be stronger. At lvl 50, I easily crit for 3500-5500 on kolto injection.

I guess thats it, I wish the UI was better, since we have to watch the helath of others, our health, energy and tactical advantages at the same time, but it is managable.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I play this healer a little more offensive I have to say. I find that disabling a lot of damage is just as good as healing through it. I still find it very tough to walk up to a fight already in progress and help someone that is low in health. I just have nothing for them. Unless I managed to have an extra TA handy.

Maybe I feel like I'm missing an "Oh Sh!!" button.

....WoW days creepin up on me again...

Thank you for the suggestions.

I play this healer a little more offensive I have to say. I find that disabling a lot of damage is just as good as healing through it. I still find it very tough to walk up to a fight already in progress and help someone that is low in health. I just have nothing for them. Unless I managed to have an extra TA handy.

Maybe I feel like I'm missing an "Oh Sh!!" button.

....WoW days creepin up on me again...

Well, you can always increasing your chances of having a TA ready by putting HOTs on yourself on the way to the fight.

I also tend to play agresively, but always remember my duties as a healer.

Well, you can always increasing your chances of having a TA ready by putting HOTs on yourself on the way to the fight.

I also tend to play agresively, but always remember my duties as a healer.

It's actually a ton of fun to be aggressive as an Operative Healer. More fun than I thought it would be. I feel like I'm helping my team kill a target or assist in that function.

Being so aggressive has got it's downsides though. I've either made a name for myself or people magically know I'm spamming heals, because I get hunted. Especially in HuttBall. You play one game pulling people from death, and the next game they are telling people to kill you because you will pull people from death. lol.

I've made quite a few rivalries from the republic as well. One of them stomping me in civil war tonight. Prompted me to make this thread, because it was REALLY tough to kite this guy and his Consular friend while keeping just one person from my team halfway alive.

It sounds like things get better though. Maybe i'm just at an odd spot.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Please operative are overpower as it is. And you still want to heal better :eek:

Get first strike

Get a KD

Get one of the highest first hit in the game (I been hit for over 6K)

Plus you get to leave combat by vanish, when thing go wrong

And heal

If anything expect a nerf to hit soon;)

Please operative are overpower as it is. And you still want to heal better :eek:

Get first strike

Get a KD

And heal

I'm sure you are confused about a Concealment Operative and a Medic one.

I get spotted like 89398473 feet away in stealth. And leaving combat negates heals for me.

Also Hidden strike has no knockdown effect as Medic.

Nerf Concealment all you want. Medic Spec could prolly use some adjustments.

Edited by OneWordSpoken

Get first strike

Get a KD

And heal

We are not talking about boosting our healing powers, just strategies to use them more efficiently. Also, this thread is about Operative healer spec, we can't do anywhere near the damage the DPS spec does so please refrain from posting "Operatives are OP", because it concerns only one spec, not healers.