Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BEST class story line

SithKoriandr
02.04.2013 , 07:24 AM | #51
So far, from what I've seen...

1: SI
2: BH
3: IA
4: SM
5: JK
6: SW
7: TR
8: JC

As you can see, quite a few ties so far, but I've only gotten SI and BH through Chapter 3, the rest are still Chapter 1 somewhere.

IA starts out the best, but SI and BH have personal moments that just get you sucked in imo.

I cared about Mako and Torian. I wanted to bring down Blood. I do think they could of done more to have you care more about the betrayal in the beginning from Blood sneaking in and killing your team. IF they did that, I think BH storyline would be much more well recieved.

IA may move to #1 spot when I get up higher in levels. But so far, Trooper and JC do feel the most let down for me. With JK and SW being good, but I just prefere the more personal stories, which I think IA, SI, BH, SM are.

disgruntledsith
02.04.2013 , 03:27 PM | #52
Just got my Inquisitor through 3 the other night. First character I've taken up that far, so I can't rightfully speak about other storylines, save my Warrior which is up to Voss so far.

What I really loved about the Inquisitor's storyline is how much it made you feel like you and your companions were going on this grand adventure throughout the galaxy. The inquisitor's story is very much removed from some of the larger events in the overall plot, but it is exactly because of this that you feel compelled to become a part of these larger events and move up the Sith food chain, so to speak. I was legitimately invested in my plot, going from just surviving to my ultimate goal
Spoiler

What I'm getting at here, that I haven't felt so much with other characters yet, is that the Inquisitor's journey to me really felt like a group effort. Not only did I have servants and a power base by the end of it, but I felt genuinely attached to each member of the crew.
Today you will learn who truly holds the power in this Empire. Not Darth Malgus, not the Dark Council, but me.

Amadahy
02.05.2013 , 01:36 PM | #53
My personal ranking of what I have played so far:

1: Sith Warrior : I love this story so much, that despite finishing my second two days ago. I have plans to make a third very soon. That is how much I love this story! It totally grabbed my attention, held on the entire 50 levels, AND made me think about how I'm playing my character.

2. Bounty Hunter: Again, something I plan to play a second time in the future. I just completely loved the story. It had all of the action, story, and twist and turns I wanted. After I my crew started filling up I really felt it was a "we're in this together" thing. Kind of like one big crazy family. I can't wait to play again! Just let me get rid of Skadge and I'm happy.

5. Sith Inquisitor: (Just started Chapter 3) Great story!! While I could see the twists and turns coming I agree with others. This is one of the rare stories where you, and your crew, are in this together. Plus, after my SI was finally able to trust again. She has ended up trusting everyone on her crew.

3. Imperial Agent: I would easily rank this as first if Chapter One wasn't so for me boring. It took me quite a bit of time to finish Chapter One but what a crazy ride!

4. Smugger: I haven't completed this story, yet. But I'm playing her based on who her parents are (Andronikos and my SI) so playing a character that isn't all For the Republic! Who is stuck in Republic space, and so on, Is fun and annoys Corso to no end. I have to say, I do wish romantic options could meet the parents. I would LOVE to see Corso meet Andronikos and Sopheina just for laughs.
The Alcaeus Legacy
Kasceia ~ Jedi Knight Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sophena ~ Sith Sorc
Melena ~ Operative Naelah ~ Gunslinger Ketana - Powertech

Path-x
02.05.2013 , 02:59 PM | #54
1. IA
2. SW
3. SI
4. Smuggler
5. JK
6. BH
7. Trooper
8. JC
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

cjlcw
02.05.2013 , 07:11 PM | #55
1) Imperial Agent. The storyline is the easiest one to become invested in. Most classes have some low points, but with the agent each section is equally exciting. I also like how the end of each act has some impact on the next and the storyling gives a unique perspective on the universe. Lastly, the agent has the widest variety of ending choices; the fact all of them are logical is even better.

2) Sith Warrior. This class does a great jobe at making you feel like a Sith. The prologue and act I do great jobs at getting the player into the role. The first act has one of my favorite conclusions in the game and it posses some great characters. Lastly, the final antogonist is perfect and is developed sufficiently to get the player invested in winning.

3)The Jedi Knight. This one is actually interchangeable with the warrior. This class did have cliche elements, but that was to be expected considerig how the class was marketed as filling a Luke Skywalker role. The story is successful at fuffling this end. While the story starts slow all of the acts have great scenes and the last to were exciting and fitting for the class. Also, this class has my favorite companion character.

4) Jedi Consular. This story is typically disliked, but I felt like it was good overall. Act I was repetitive and wasn't spectacular, but I still found it enjoyable. Act II was alright, but Balmora was really well done and makes the act very enjoyable. I did feel like Act III was very well done; especially Corellia.

5) Trooper. The story was fun and enjoyable through all of the acts, but none were spectacular. I was easily invested in the storyline for the first act. Act II did have a great moment (the finale) and the missions were very fiiting. I did like act III, but there was nothing that made it stand out, amongst the rest. The ending for the class quest was anti-climatic, but I feel that it was fitting.

6) Smuggler. Act I was amazing; it was a well done self contained story and very fititng for the class. This act contained very good character interactions. Sadly the last two aren't as good. While the planets in Act II were enjoyable individaully; there wasn't much of a unified plotline. Also, its conclusion, while fun, felt sort of disconnected. Act 3 improved slightly, but the plot wasn't as well developed as it should've been. I really enjoyed the smuggler's companions and the story was filled with good dialogue.

7)The Inquisitor. This story did not fit the class. It did have an enjoyable prologue and Act I was fitting. While it was repetitive it made sense that an apprentice would do missions like this. The last acts are where this story suffers. The main antagonist comes out of left field and, considering previous dialogue, the conflict didn't make sense give my characters personality. The rest of the story felt needlessly repetitive; Act II was a series of fetch quests, followed by a failure, then two more similar missions dealing with the effects of the missions in the previous act. In addition, this character does not come across as an intelligent and calculating Sith, wihich doesn't make for an interesting protagonist.

8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to waht's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.

EvilTazz
02.05.2013 , 07:43 PM | #56
So far I've finished the stories for 4 characters, Warrior, Inquisitor x 2 and Trooper) currently working on Agent, Consular and Smuggler.

Out of the 3 Stories I've played through I have to say Inquisitor is my favorite by far, though I'm a bit biased with that because Khem Val is my favorite companion and I find his quest line very compelling and decently thought out. I've read a few of these "Best Story" threads and find that a lot of people would disagree with my opinion that the inquisitor story is one of the best and often describe it as cliche, etc, etc.

In a way I agree and disagree with them, yes rising to power from being a slave is a bit typical but looking into things further on as the story goes, you see how the character can actually suffer from acquiring too much power.

(Possible Major Spoilers ahead!)

Spoiler

The way they implemented it, although we don't actually get affected by it gameplay wise makes me think that yes, the character may gain power, but at quite a large price.

Warrior's coming in at a close second though, as the plot twists and companions in that story were really great, and I'm thinking about playing it through again.

I don't see why the Consular story gets so much hate, I'm only up to act two but so far I'm enjoying it, don't know if it could be because I'm playing as a light side Sith Pureblood and the species sort of sticks out, but I like it and think that it actually fits quite well.

Just my two cents.

Estriga
02.05.2013 , 09:04 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by cjlcw View Post
3)The Jedi Knight. This one is actually interchangeable with the warrior. This class did have cliche elements, but that was to be expected considerig how the class was marketed as filling a Luke Skywalker role. The story is successful at fuffling this end. While the story starts slow all of the acts have great scenes and the last to were exciting and fitting for the class. Also, this class has my favorite companion character.
Agreed. JK is basically a star wars movie that never happened.

Quote:
8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to what's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.
Personally, the point of the BH story is to show that while allied with the empire, you still do your own thing. They did make a point to show that you're no one's lapdog.
Spoiler

bilalkhan
02.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by cjlcw View Post
8) Bounty Hunter. I've only reached Tattooine, but I have an idea as to waht's to come. The class feels to repetitive. Act I and II are all about hunting bounties, and from my understanding act III is similar. While these missions do fit the class, the lack of variety makes the storyline unappealing.
Wait till u end ACT 2 my friend! Things get really really interesting!

These are the only ones I have played so For me:
1: Sith Warrior! Pure hatred/immortal/carnage Awesomeness! Played twice, Jugg. Tank and Mara. DPS!
2: Jedi Knight! Loved the story and playing the Luke Skywalker type hero guy! 2nd run ongoing!
3: Bounty Hunter! Love the Hunt! Gets really intense at the end of act 2! Mercenary and Powertech!
4: Sith Inquisitor! Its all about you here!
5: Trooper! Enjoyed the story of a regular soldier defending and fighting against the Empire!

Might start a Smuggler!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." - Sith Code

jovianus
02.17.2013 , 12:57 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by _Scattered_ View Post
Consular storyline is good, but it is marred by the character of the consular himself.
So very much this. I actually find the story interesting, but I stopped playing my Consular because I despise the character. The Consular dialogue comes across far as less as 'wise counselor and teacher.' and far more as 'pompous ***'. And the voice acting doesn't help at all.

That said, of the classes I've actually played to fair degree, I'd say IA at the top followed by Smuggler.

I played a Trooper, but I couldn't really get into it. For me it doesn't have the personal touch that makes the Smuggler fun in spite of not really being involved in the greater events of the Galaxy, nor does it have the 'behind the scenes mover trying to keep the galaxy in one piece in spite of all the crazies." feel of the IA. You're just a grunt doing grunt things, which I don't find terribly exciting.

Ekoth
02.18.2013 , 02:11 PM | #60
To be quite honest I thought the JC storyline was pretty good. I think since people generally prefer 'direct involvement' over a 'behind the scenes' approach, which the Consular story is oriented by, is why most regard it as one of the worst stories. I feel the Consular finale has a larger, more positive impact on the overall war. Example.

Spoiler

When you put these 2 endings side by side, which one really seems be more beneficial to the Republic?

This isn't to put down the JKs story. I still believe it was good.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd