Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BEST class story line

Dormath
01.06.2012 , 07:07 AM | #31
To me my Bounty Hunters story has me hooked I feel more connected to him and there for the story then the rest.
Just because you don't want it does not mean I should not have access to it.

Powertech > Marauder > Sniper > Commando > Shadow.

swampthing
01.06.2012 , 08:57 AM | #32
i'm the opposite on the BH story i guess. it's been actually pretty dull. All the planets so far after DK are just one bounty a planet and it takes forever and nothing really happens. There really isn't a story of any kind so far other than the fact that tarro blood is messing with you, which he even kinda stops or slows down on that after awhile and you spending long amounts of time going after the great hunt bounties which require you to do alot of stupid stuff to get to them. BH and smuggler so far seem to be the most dull stories. With bounty hunter i'm sitting here going "when the heck is something actually going to happen?"

Sith warrior is interesting, IA looks good. Consular i'm on the fence about so far.

ClayPeopleCry
01.06.2012 , 09:08 AM | #33
The two none force classes are defenitly the most interesting story-wise because you don't feel forced to be either light or dark side. You can just choose to play the game however you feel. Though you will hurt yourself when it comes to gear by doing this. >_>
Che Guevara: Its a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.

Zedakah
01.06.2012 , 09:54 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by _Scattered_ View Post
Consular storyline is good, but it is marred by the character of the consular himself.
My main problem with this is that the storyline is the same for my dark side jedi shadow character as it is for a light side healing sage.

The story feels like it was written specifically for a light-side healing sage (at least in Act 1), and I feel totally disconnected from the story as a dark-side shadow. The two ACs are so different that they should be separate classes with their own stories.

*Minor Spoiler*

A lot of the story so far is about healing other jedi from a mysterious plague. If I had some sort of healing spell on my shadow, I might feel a bit different about the quests, but since I don't this story line just seems very unnatural to me. I was hoping to be stealthily investigating and/or tracking down sith agents/warriors. Anyway, if you roll a consular just for the story alone, I'd pick a light-side sage as the advanced class....it just seems to fit much better.

My main is a smuggler and the story line is alright. The best part about the smuggler is the dialogue and male voice acting though. It makes up for the anticlimactic end of Act 1 (due to game mechanics). I'm enjoying Act 2 much more though.

For Republic (which I have 4 classes at least above 20, I'd say the stories from best to worst go....

Jedi Knight
Trooper
Smuggler
Consular

There's just an epicness about the jedi knight story that you can't get in the other classes. The trooper though is a refreshing alternative. It doesn't feel very Star Wars at first, and it's a nice break from the other classes. Also, I really like climbing the military ladder and getting military ranks as my titles every now and then.

bryceman
01.22.2012 , 04:15 AM | #35
IMHO, the Consular has the best story but is flawed by the order of which you obtain the companions. Theran is a blast to have around (thanks to Holiday's outbursts) but if you roll as a Sage, he is pointless to have. Nadia was a really cool companion but you don't get her until lvl 42ish. Her entire romance (if you go that route with her) can be completely finished by the time you leave Voss. Great story but bad companion mechanics.

The Knight story I felt started off really strong and enjoying with Kira bringing in some good times. I however soon got bored in Act 2 and thus made my Consular character. I will eventually go back to it since it's my tank but I really feel like it lost some steam after Act 1.

Rolling a light side Sith Warrior atm and it sure does feel good to back talk to Baras

Check out my review of the game over here at 1up.

MWidowmaker
01.22.2012 , 08:01 AM | #36
i have played deep into SW (finished), IA, BH, Trooper so far and by far the best story i have seen is the Sith Warrior

why? because **** gets real, and it hits the fan, and you really REALLY see how rage can affect a motivated and powerful Sith Lord (you)

that is not to say that i dont like the others, because I do. heck my favorite companion over all of them is Mako, unfortunately I want to punch Aric Jorgen in his cat head, but thats another story, my IA feels like James Bond, just a female Chiss version of it, my Trooper deals with some pretty heavy morailty choices which i can honestly say are sometimes difficult

Lancelotxxx
02.02.2012 , 10:28 AM | #37
Hi there,

To have done the Sith inquisitor and the Jedi Knight quests, the Jedi Knight is the best of the two.

I have been pretty disappointed by the Sith Inquisitor ( assassin), the quests are ok until you reach level 31-32, then it become real ****. It looks like the scriptwriter didnt know what to do after the first climax.

And lets say , that it even dont look sith enough to me, its not a pure evil quest, you are surrounded by friendly companion, you dont even finish the job sometimes (aka kill someone for good, i wont spoil here but this is a big flaw).

On the other hand , the Jedi Knight deliver what you may expect, you a Obiwan kenobi wanabee, you on your way to save the universe, it rocks, ! and the soundtrack is way better on the republic side than the sith . hearing the force them , thats damn good !

DarkLadyMalaste
02.05.2012 , 05:15 AM | #38
I like the Imperial Agent story line. I like how it has intrigue and is very much like a Star Wars version of James Bond, but also a lot like Splinter Cell.

The Sith may run the Empire, but it's Imperial Intelligence that works the delicate stuff and does the biggest (though quietest) jobs in the war against the Republic.

Draythion
02.05.2012 , 08:03 AM | #39
from which i have seen so far, every storyline can only be better then the SI...

Shotgonius
02.05.2012 , 08:18 AM | #40
I've played all classes (well, my friend played Agent but on my account).
This is how I would rank it so far.

1. Inquisitor (lvl 28)
2. Smuggler (lvl 12)
3. Jedi Knight (lvl 11)
4. Trooper (lvl 11)
5. Bounty Hunter (lvl 15)
6. Sith Warrior (lvl 24)
7. Jedi Consular (lvl 18)
8. Agent (lvl 4) (I didn't really play it. I just killed a few enemies)