Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you oppose add-ons and combat logging....

Hairless
01.04.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1
Go see how much "fun" you will actually have when you are in a raid full of 7 or 15 others who also play the game for "fun", don't use any add ons, clueless about min-maxing and boss mechanics, and don't bother to improve, all in the name of "having fun because it's a game".

You will wish that you had some of the add on nerds here to compensate for the lack of performance from your "have fun only" buddies because, trust me, you will not have "fun" wiping repeatedly for dumb reasons to a boss that should be easily defeated.

dragonfor
01.04.2012 , 08:35 PM | #2
Look, I would love a damage meter, and would definitely love to have a threat meter, but this has gotten to the point where the metaphor "milking a dead cow" just doesn't feel like enough.

Starglyte
01.04.2012 , 08:37 PM | #3
I don't raid, so its not a problem for me.
[{{{{{{O}}}}}}]██████████████████████████████████████████)

DAntiVirus
01.04.2012 , 08:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairless View Post
Go see how much "fun" you will actually have when you are in a raid full of 7 or 15 others who also play the game for "fun", don't use any add ons, clueless about min-maxing and boss mechanics, and don't bother to improve, all in the name of "having fun because it's a game".

You will wish that you had some of the add on nerds here to compensate for the lack of performance from your "have fun only" buddies because, trust me, you will not have "fun" wiping repeatedly for dumb reasons to a boss that should be easily defeated.
Wouldn't another solution be to play with players you know?

dragonfor
01.04.2012 , 08:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DAntiVirus View Post
And for those of us who play this game outside of our circle of friends?
And for those who only have a couple friends IRL they play with?
And for those who enjoy starting PUGs to meet new people?

Seriously, this list can go on.

Slant_DK
01.04.2012 , 09:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DAntiVirus View Post
You know, it'd suck when that player you know sucks just like the worst noob on the server and you can't prove it, so either you are going to just call him out on it and he thinks you don't like him, or you ignore it essentially proving the previous poster right...

Holograham
01.04.2012 , 09:52 PM | #7
This "add-on" debate will rage on till the end of time but I don't think BW will let 3rd party companies make add-ons for their game.
I have played many mmo's since the release of FF11 (personally my favorite mmo of all time) some have been good and some have been very bad, SW:TOR sits on the good side for me. But this doesn't mean that some things can't be fixed/added.

1. Allow UI customization, ie. re-sizable and movable elements
2. Allow a combat log and parsing

This is all anyone NEEDS, you could set your screen up how you like it and you could go over combat logs to your hearts content improving your game or helping others. Add-on's are unneeded and once you open that door you can't shut it, also I wouldn't mind having mouse over but can do without macros, they tend to make people lazy and I fear people will start making them to spam the chat channels.

Larity
01.04.2012 , 10:03 PM | #8
Sure its going to be frustrating at first
but then you learn about how the bosses and raids go
then you build up a plan
then you succeed

You know, its called "Learning"

Zerosix
01.04.2012 , 10:28 PM | #9
And how exactly will you know which player fails at what during a boss fight when you need to be watching your own game?

curzed
01.04.2012 , 11:18 PM | #10
I would like to say that there are damage meters in the game.
Just join any warzone and watch the scoreboard.