Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Avions
03.02.2012 , 06:21 PM | #161
real talk ***** good

ConnorSalak
03.03.2012 , 12:44 AM | #162
Great post, thanks!

Guess I'll start crafting now

Abydon
03.03.2012 , 12:48 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by VonAlex View Post
Awesome guide!

My Bounty hunter and companions got:
Armstech - for the reason I thought I could craft cool looking and good armor.. meh
Scavaging - yup works fine when busting droids and stuff hehe - good thing
Underworld trading... I have no really idea about what this is for..

I think after reading this guide and see if I cant respec my crew skills so they are more like:

Cybertech - I can buy my shiny armor and is tired of crafting for grinding
Scavaing - making good materials
Slicing - underworld trading aint fun and I can buy my gifts elsewhere
Underworld Trading is great for creds making or for crafting. It gives metals that you can't scavenge like Mandalorian Iron and Neuranium. VERY beneficial to a variety of professions. They also provide cloths like Rodian Silks and Dranassian silks which are used to make purple gear. Allusteel is anoter example as you are armstech, I believe you will be needing that material for any purple recipes you come across or RE.

MrDeas
03.06.2012 , 09:51 PM | #164
One thing you didn't mention is that in relation to Alts Slicing is useful for gathering Augments. For example if my Main has uwt for Cybertech and on 1 Alt I have Sythweaving then you could replace the uwt that would usually be on your Alt for Synthweaving with Slicing and just transfer mats over so that you can gather Augments at the same time.
Gandalf knows what to do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

Adrial_Lors
03.07.2012 , 12:11 AM | #165
Artifice is dead crew skill. You can have Racata relics on 50 lvl only.

TheRealBowser
03.11.2012 , 01:45 AM | #166
I've decided to return to the game, so I will be able to update this post once again.

TheRealBowser
03.11.2012 , 01:48 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by MrDeas View Post
One thing you didn't mention is that in relation to Alts Slicing is useful for gathering Augments. For example if my Main has uwt for Cybertech and on 1 Alt I have Sythweaving then you could replace the uwt that would usually be on your Alt for Synthweaving with Slicing and just transfer mats over so that you can gather Augments at the same time.
This is fairly irregular. If you wish to do this, you are welcome to customize your crew skills to your own tastes! However, I don't feel that this should really be part of this thread's main post. I only mentioned the crew skill types that would make direct practical use of slicing: Profiteering, and Cybertech.

Necodreus
03.11.2012 , 02:23 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
I've decided to return to the game, so I will be able to update this post once again.

Welcome back Bowser! Hope everythings been cleared up and you can enjoy the game again!
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

TheRealBowser
03.12.2012 , 09:44 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Necodreus View Post
Welcome back Bowser! Hope everythings been cleared up and you can enjoy the game again!
I was waiting for more things to happen with this game, so that I could get an idea of what their future holds. And to be honest, I just played through Mass Effect 3, and I have a big taste for Bioware's products again. 1.2 has me very impressed, we'll see how it plays out!

Anyways, thank you, I appreciate it. I will keep this guide updated as long as I'm here, as always.

Lemina_Ausa
03.14.2012 , 09:34 PM | #170
I don't get WHY they gave the consular only 1 crafting crit, and it is armstech, of all things, which most consulars won't get unless you already have every other crewskill that a force user could benefit from with your other characters and are just getting that for completion's sake (or you REALLY want to get qyzen an artifact techblade yourself).

Additionally, giving nadia a scythweaving efficiency bonus, when you get her so late in the game (and thus most likely have maxed scythweaving making the efficiency bonus effectively useless, since you'll want the increased crit chance for augment slotted armors now), is pretty stupid as well. I would trade anything for kira's +5 crit scythweaving if I could.

On a less whiny note, great guide bowser!