Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

TheRealBowser
02.07.2012 , 06:32 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Jik View Post
Hey, great guide. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
What three skills would you recommend for a Consular if you also wanted some decent profit?
I can't really give you advice on which skills will make you the most money, as I've said before. As for which skills will give you the best bonuses, please refer to my guide. Thank you for your interest.

Quote: Originally Posted by Klordlotah View Post
i was doing the same thing when i stumbled on to this page, glad i found it and great work. looked all over for this info. btw i noticed you didnt list the smuggler on the overall section for slicing, with a companion that has a +1 crit.
I don't understand what you mean... the +1 crit is not better than the alternatives which is why it is not listed there. Unless you meant something else? Could you send me a PM with specific info, preferably with the specific section it's missing from? Thanks.

TheRealBowser
02.07.2012 , 07:04 AM | #142
I added gathering and mission skills to the critical crew skill lists on the guide. Hope it helps you! It also sheds some light on Imperial side -- while they may not have all the maxed out critical crafting skills, they do seem to have a ton of high critical gathering and mission skills.

Aeysee_
02.08.2012 , 05:32 AM | #143
I just started playing and having a guide like this realy helps.. you rock man..

Felioats
02.08.2012 , 08:41 PM | #144
What you've got here is great. I used the information to create a chart so people can easily see what classes have access to +crit to what. It's a little easier to follow than a list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WhGdmMtUlVnUkE

You may add it to the OP if you wish.
>

PhoenixKnight
02.08.2012 , 08:55 PM | #145
Awesome guide!

I have a 34 Mercenary DPS with Cybertech, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading, but I find I don't really like crafting. None of those 3 are maxed, but Scavenging is about 270. My question is, how time consuming/difficult is it if I change to a profiteering setup (using Slicing, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading) or maybe going with a Biochem setup?

I'm mainly thinking of changing to Biochem because Diplomacy interests me for the Dark side/Light side points.

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Knowledge is power

virxxants
02.09.2012 , 04:03 PM | #146
Thanks for the guide - very helpful/informative.

JaggedOne
02.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #147
Thanks for a great guide !!!!
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later !!

TheRealBowser
02.11.2012 , 06:51 AM | #148
I've cancelled my account and likely will not be resubscribing for a while. I may post this on another website (such as gamefaqs) and link this there, so I can keep it updated. Unless there is a major update that adds new companions or has their bonuses changed, this thread will remain accurate regardless.

If worst comes to worst I may let someone else update this while I'm gone.

Best of luck to everyone on their Star Wars adventures.

HellfireMS
02.13.2012 , 07:03 PM | #149
TheRealBowser, I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little sad that you are moving on to greener pastures. The SWTOR community has lost a great contributor.

Thank you for developing this guide, having the patience and kindness to respond to almost everyone's questions and suggestions, and finally for encouraging other members to contribute to the discussion.

If and when you return, please let us know.

Best wishes and good luck!

TheRealBowser
02.14.2012 , 08:35 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by HellfireMS View Post
TheRealBowser, I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little sad that you are moving on to greener pastures. The SWTOR community has lost a great contributor.

Thank you for developing this guide, having the patience and kindness to respond to almost everyone's questions and suggestions, and finally for encouraging other members to contribute to the discussion.

If and when you return, please let us know.

Best wishes and good luck!
I really appreciate it. My account hasn't cancelled yet and I'm toying with the idea of sticking around. But don't get your hopes up. My problem wasn't that I was moving on to greener pastures so much as I'm losing interest in the MMO genre altogether, and my schedule had been a lot busier. But now I'm back to having a lot of free time, and I'm already starting to miss this game, so I may or may not quit. I originally planned on it but ... now I'm not so sure. This game was and still is extremely promising.

Either way, I genuinely, deeply appreciate this. And it was my pleasure to help you guys with this guide.