Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Tuhalu
02.02.2012 , 05:25 PM | #131
Factual Error:
ArmorMech does NOT use luxury fabrics as far as I can tell. It only uses underworld metals.

Quibble:
Artifice also provides an epic Relic in the endgame (in addition to the epic lightsabers).

Additional:
At tier 6, treasure hunting may also provide orange crystals.

Note:
It is worth noting that Treasure Hunting lockboxes can provide prototype quality gear on a critical result (although a sum of cash a little less than that invested is more normal).

TheRealBowser
02.02.2012 , 07:06 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuhalu View Post
Factual Error:
ArmorMech does NOT use luxury fabrics as far as I can tell. It only uses underworld metals.

Quibble:
Artifice also provides an epic Relic in the endgame (in addition to the epic lightsabers).

Additional:
At tier 6, treasure hunting may also provide orange crystals.

Note:
It is worth noting that Treasure Hunting lockboxes can provide prototype quality gear on a critical result (although a sum of cash a little less than that invested is more normal).
1. Thanks, I am surprised I did not notice this. I was certain cunning armor used fabrics, I'll edit this immediately.

2. I haven't really covered what professions have in the endgame. I'll edit this in at some point, probably when I have better information regarding all crew skills.

3. See above.

4. I'm didn't cover this directly but I was assuming this was a given. I'll edit this in at some point. All missions can crit, including lockboxes.

Tuhalu
02.02.2012 , 07:28 PM | #133
Quote:
Many items require vendor-bought materials. If you ever see white quality items needed for crafting, they are available on crew skill vendors which are on practically every planet in the game. You can also do gathering missions for them if you feel like saving a small amount of money, or would like some without heading to an outpost.
Actually, these missions can be quite lucrative if you go after the rich missions for them.

For instance, as a Scavenger at 400, I am able to send my companions on a Rich: Thermoplast Flux mission. For ~2000 credits I can get back something like 32-48 Fluxes. They cost 400 credits each. So I save at least 14000 credits each and every time! It's hard to beat that.

I think scavenging (and hence armormech, armstech and cybertech) has the only max-level rich mission for that kind of thing, but it's certainly not something you should ignore. I've certainly saved hundreds of thousands of credits that way already.
Quote:
4. I'm didn't cover this directly but I was assuming this was a given. I'll edit this in at some point. All missions can crit, including lockboxes.
Yes, my point was more that the varying mission skills give varying results on their lockboxes. It may be just luck on my part, but Treasure Hunting lockboxes tend to give armor far more frequently than the Slicing Lockboxes. That may be because Treasure Hunting simply has more variety of Lockbox missions than Slicing, making it easier to go after the Abundant Lockbox missions.

TheRealBowser
02.02.2012 , 07:34 PM | #134
New information on an upcoming companion:

Spoiler

tuckmed
02.02.2012 , 08:30 PM | #135
What 3 skills would you recommend for a Bounty Hunter profit?
Great guide -- Just wish I had seen it before I finished leveling my first character's skills

TheRealBowser
02.03.2012 , 12:50 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by tuckmed View Post
What 3 skills would you recommend for a Bounty Hunter profit?
Great guide -- Just wish I had seen it before I finished leveling my first character's skills
From a maximum profit standpoint, my advice isn't very useful because I am not completely certain which ones will give you the best gains. From a crew skill bonus standpoint, I personally took slicing, treasure hunting, and underworld trading. These three are sound but, I am not sure if they are the absolute maximum profits.

tuckmed
02.03.2012 , 07:53 AM | #137
Thanks. Ill look into those

Darth_Jik
02.04.2012 , 08:58 PM | #138
Hey, great guide. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
What three skills would you recommend for a Consular if you also wanted some decent profit?
"If you and I are no different, what do we have to give each other?"
- Christopher Isherwood

Klordlotah
02.05.2012 , 01:13 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Prophetic View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for! I was already starting to compile a list of the best crafting skills based on class/companions, really glad someone already did all the work for me. Very, very nice.
i was doing the same thing when i stumbled on to this page, glad i found it and great work. looked all over for this info. btw i noticed you didnt list the smuggler on the overall section for slicing, with a companion that has a +1 crit.

Wendalyn
02.06.2012 , 12:22 PM | #140
Just wanted you to know this is very helpful and to thank you for the time you took to put this together. It will get much use.
TTFN