Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Agents are pretty much overpowered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Agents are pretty much overpowered

Rancherman
01.04.2012 , 08:04 PM | #1
Yeah so this happened

http://imgur.com/SGHSo

Part of it is that he's lvl 50 and was geared but still this is way beyond anything even reasonable for a class to do. I remember when one of the main selling points of this game was that you couldn't be stunlocked and killed... lie.

Agents have, not only the most stuns in the game, but on the shortest CDs, i believe an agent can get debilitate to a 30 second CD... *** really? Then their opener knocks you down for 3 seconds where they make such a health deficit that there is literally no way to come back and you have to either run or die. Even if you CC break the knockdown, because of the broken resolve system they debilitate you and if you manage to get a lead on them to run away or go for a health powerup they just flashbang you...

This needs fixing ASAP it is ruining pvp for everyone.

"Overkill is Underrated" -- Hannibal
How The Empire Strikes Back Should Have Ended:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8b1...feature=fvwrel

Nullcrobicus
01.04.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2
that's cool and all, but you are talking about an Operative spec'd a certain way, it is not all agents. This is the sniper forum....

*edit* and snipers are well aware of how devastating Operatives are, we are prime targets for Operatives. If I don't have my CC break its basically a free kill and even then I'm lucky if I can escape.

Rancherman
01.04.2012 , 08:09 PM | #3
Snipers are also broken go watch Danitech's stream on twitch.tv and its pretty insane

"Overkill is Underrated" -- Hannibal
How The Empire Strikes Back Should Have Ended:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8b1...feature=fvwrel

MastaGigs
01.04.2012 , 08:13 PM | #4
You mean a competent player fighting bads and pugs can stat pad and look really good on the score bored? NERF IT!!!!

Really though, its pretty sad just how much people qq in this game. Go play Warhammer back at launch when a BW could do half your hp with a DoT, That was OP.

And as my fellow sniper said, Wrong area. We gets no stealth or sexy backstab.
Quote: Originally Posted by CupieFoxtail View Post
Welcome to a loot system where PvP gear, like PvE gear, is gained with RNG
Enjoy your stay

Anelyn
01.04.2012 , 08:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rancherman View Post
Snipers are also broken go watch Danitech's stream on twitch.tv and its pretty insane
Dude they are not broken.

1st) Game is not balanced 1v1
2nd) All classes have CDs and CCs, use them.
3rd) Learn each class strong and weak points and play accordingly

Mooseb
01.04.2012 , 08:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rancherman View Post
The only Overpowered Sniper, is a sniper left alone. Seriously, i am tired of people coming on the forums saying Snipers are OP, because they either

-Ignore the sniper completely

-sit there for 5 seconds looking stupid at me while i open up with Ambush/Explosive, follow through and Series of Shots before they go, oh crap, i might have to do something....

Dont get me started on Orbital Bombardment......

Tfranco
01.04.2012 , 08:30 PM | #7
You mentioned your self what made that player so good: He was lvl 50 and geared. That means he knows enough about his class to beable to use all of the tricks and tools of it. Cry less about losing to somone better than you, read up on your class, get more gear/lvl up some and then maybe therre wont be such a major difference in survivablilty.

bobmcbo
01.04.2012 , 08:44 PM | #8
shall we post screenshots of the other classes now?
.never forget

Pridain
01.05.2012 , 12:23 AM | #9
There are BHs in that pic too. Are you going to go cry on their forums to nerf them too? I smell troll.

::.playing a mini violin for the OP::
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindeon View Post
technically we just said there are cookies - this does not equal cookies for you or that you could see said cookies. The cookies are there. You will learn about the cookies later..................maybe.

Albytaps
01.05.2012 , 07:40 AM | #10
You guys that call nerf sicken me. Get a life.
THE 8-BIT COALITION
A MATURE GAMERS' GUILD