Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Response from Account Disputes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No Response from Account Disputes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mikeydecoy
01.04.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1
I know unresponsive customer service has been an ongoing issue, I just though I would comment in terms of an email service.

After getting an email 4 days ago informing me I was suspended, I sent an appeal to the address swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com, and have yet to hear back. Not even an automated response, or any notification that my message was even received.

I don't even need to expect to have the suspension revoked (though that was obviously my initial intention) but as of now I am unsure if they have even read my appeal.

Mikeydecoy
01.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #2
Bump, anything? I don't think resending an email will do anything, but I am really not excited to wait this suspension out if I can at least put input in. Not even a week of having the game before this has happened and I'm still anxious to play.

renegadeimp
01.05.2012 , 02:13 PM | #3
It takes time to investigate the logs. Especially when there are a lot of people contesting account punishments.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Mikeydecoy
01.05.2012 , 02:40 PM | #4
They've already "investigated" the logs according to the email, based on the circumstance of my suspension that shouldn't be relevant. I shouldn't discuss the details of it on the forums so I won't, but I feel unsure that they are going to even respond back before the suspension wears out if at all. If I have to wait for it to end then so be it, it's just such a major annoyance.

Bronholz
01.05.2012 , 08:37 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Mikeydecoy,

Submitting an email to the aforementioned address is the only way to dispute an action to your account.

As you stated you have already done this. So your case will be being reviewed and we will be back in contact with you when a decision has been made.

I understand that it can be frustrating waiting for a response, but this is the only channel through which we will be able to assist you in this matter.

Thank your continuing patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Darkmastertr
07.16.2012 , 07:54 AM | #6
We are contacting you to notify you that we have found your Star Wars: The Old Republic account, Darkmastertr, to be in violation of our Terms of Service.

After completing an investigation of your Account, we have identified the following violation:

Character: Toa
Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Violation: spam:
[2:07:50 PM] [1 - General] [Toa]: LF3 good dps for KP HM last Boss
[2:08:27 PM] [1 - General] [Toa]: LF3 good dps for KP HM last Boss
[2:08:49 PM] [1 - General] [Toa]: LF3 good dps for KP HM last Boss
[2:08:54 PM] [1 - General] [Toa]: LF3 good dps for KP HM last Boss

If you continue to violate our Terms of Service it may result in a suspension or ultimately a permanent account closure depending on the severity of the situation. To help avoid this, please take some time to read and familiarize yourself with our Terms of Service which can be found here:

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

If you feel you have received this warning in error, please contact us at swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com

Yours sincerely,

i take this message from Pedro Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. i didn't spam, i only try find peoples for Karrga i didnt read anywhere of aggreament, no one can't try to find any other players for ops or for flash point

if we won't try to find any other player for operations or flashpoints, how can we play mmo ? i didnt want to do spam i only try find players

Ratae
07.16.2012 , 07:58 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Darkmastertr,

If you wish to dispute the account warning, please send an email to our swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com address rather than the usually support address. This is a dedicated address for dispute issues.

For obvious reasons, this is not something we can discuss with on a public forum.

Thank You.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Guitardrumr
07.16.2012 , 09:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkmastertr View Post
i take this message from Pedro Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. i didn't spam, i only try find peoples for Karrga i didnt read anywhere of aggreament, no one can't try to find any other players for ops or for flash point

if we won't try to find any other player for operations or flashpoints, how can we play mmo ? i didnt want to do spam i only try find players
That's pretty much the Definition of Spam. Sending several identical messages in a short period of time. I see 4 copy pasted messages in less than 1 minute. Yeah, it's kind of a dumb thing to be suspended for, but someone obviously reported you for it, which leads me to believe this is not the first time you've done something similar.

Either way, it was indeed Spam.

lotsatatts
09.05.2012 , 12:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeydecoy View Post
I know unresponsive customer service has been an ongoing issue, I just though I would comment in terms of an email service.

After getting an email 4 days ago informing me I was suspended, I sent an appeal to the address swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com, and have yet to hear back. Not even an automated response, or any notification that my message was even received.

I don't even need to expect to have the suspension revoked (though that was obviously my initial intention) but as of now I am unsure if they have even read my appeal.
I sent an email to these guys last Thursday. Did not even get as much as an automated response to say they had received the email. I resent today. I was suspended for 24 hours and that has long passed. I just want vindication as I did nothing wrong. This complete disregard towards replying to subscribers can only result in more un-subs. If I haven't heard anything after 7 days, I will cancel my subscription due to having my account suspended and not recieving any reply to my dispute. I think this will be the last time I purchase from Bioware/EA due to poor customer service.

Beesodd
09.05.2012 , 09:51 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi lotsatatts,

I am sorry for the confusion here, but I've checked into this, and we have not received a mail from your account to the swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com address.

Perhaps the mail was sent from an email account not associated with your swtor account, or there was a technical issue. Please send the mail again and we will look into this.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.