Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Extremely slow game client download.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Extremely slow game client download.

Kragonite
12.13.2011 , 11:44 PM | #1
I just finished downloading the 15 GB video part of the download but that took me over 12 hours at 36kb/s. Right now I'm downloading 'Main Assets 1' and it's going at 45kb/s. Any ideas as to why? I'm not very knowledgeable with computers so you might have to dumb down your answers for me. Thanks!
"The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light." -Felix Adler

TwinIONengines
12.13.2011 , 11:45 PM | #2
If you are wireless, try connecting wired if you can. At that rate it will take you multiple days.
(███████████████████▐▐▌▌Θ▐▐▌▌███████████████████)

Kragonite
12.13.2011 , 11:47 PM | #3
My computer is directly connected : /
"The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light." -Felix Adler

TwinIONengines
12.14.2011 , 12:17 AM | #4
Those are dial up speeds. If you are dial up... then it's working as intended. If you're broadband (DSL, cable, etc.) something is seriously wrong. I've got a pretty slow connection and I was getting 300kps. Took about 12 hours to do it all.

Some tips.
- Make sure no one else is downloading stuff in your home.
- You can try disabling your antivirus software (and firewall if you have one) and see if that helps. (Remember to renable when you're done.)
- Reboot and retry.
(███████████████████▐▐▌▌Θ▐▐▌▌███████████████████)

cofmputer
12.20.2011 , 10:46 PM | #5
im at main asset 1 and im at 3.33g left
im on my lad top and is there a way i can increase it to go faster.
can someone tell me what al lcomes after main asset 1
?

Catch_TwentyTwo
12.20.2011 , 10:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cofmputer View Post
im at main asset 1 and im at 3.33g left
im on my lad top and is there a way i can increase it to go faster.
can someone tell me what al lcomes after main asset 1
?
Total is about 20Gb.
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

Robotronical
12.22.2011 , 09:15 PM | #7
I just bought the game and I am getting 70 kb/s.

Ridiculous, should be going at 1.5MB/s like everything else. Hell I would be happy with 500kb/s but come on BIOWARE / EA!

AlexFuzz
12.26.2011 , 04:54 PM | #8
mine is going too slow. have had to repeat it multiple times, does everyone eles' almost seem like it isnt even moving? im gwtting about 200kb/s trying to work it since 10 am this morning

Archdisia
12.27.2011 , 08:15 PM | #9
Just got the game yesterday. My dl speed has been as low as 1.5kb/sec. I started babysitting it and pause/unpauseing, and even relogging in and have been able to keep it around 2mb/sec though it's really irritating. I agree, this is pretty bad service. Still downloading as I couldn't watch it through the night and day and it was at 2.5 kb/sec when I got home.

cloutier
12.27.2011 , 09:13 PM | #10
i installed it on my laptop today downloading at 3.79 MB/Sec... fast enough for me