Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternity Vault third boss (pylons) on Nightmare / Hardmode

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Eternity Vault third boss (pylons) on Nightmare / Hardmode

Jedi_Fredo
01.06.2012 , 07:50 AM | #21
tons of end game buggy junk that didn't get tested in beta because of limited access to Ops ... us endgamers need some love
=====================
Muertesfavor
=====================
Ebonlore

spadetite
01.06.2012 , 08:19 AM | #22
The pylons are not bugged there is a trick to them. Once you figure it out you will understand.

Darksunz
01.06.2012 , 08:51 AM | #23
I agree with the majority of the posters in this topic. If there is some trick mechanic to this boss fight, please do tell. Otherwise I believe you are full of it and it truely is RNG. We attempted this boss about 10 times last night and did every combination possible. Mostly it glitched on the last tier. We even sent an Operative to get us 8/8 for the pylons to make sure it wasn't that bug. Would love to complete hardmode or at least attempt to work on bosses that challenge our skill and not our luck. Thank you.

Darksunz

Ginzuu
01.06.2012 , 09:26 AM | #24
Well, even a hint would be good. if its true that you actually got past the encounter in its current form.

StraightG
01.06.2012 , 09:49 AM | #25
Didnt read the second page, but to confirm it is not bugged, open your eyes and think bit while trying to do this encounter.

Ginzuu
01.06.2012 , 09:56 AM | #26
Please mate, saying we need to think abit is not helping at all, we have tried several things.
We are not mindlessly clicking the consoles and hoping for the best.

Loytal
01.06.2012 , 10:05 AM | #27
There is no "special way" to do this encounter. Last week it worked just fine and it still works sometimes regardless of how you do it.

If it is bioware's intent to make us exit instances and reset them then kill trash over and over ill stop playing this game right now.

Whoever thought of this puzzle fight was not thinking very hard.

Jylian
01.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #28
To help you guys, which the other elitists refuse to do, watch your debuffs.

In hard/NM modes you have to rotate people around so a clean person is clicking at all times. The debuff is short enough so you can have 3 people in a rotation doing it.

This forum is supposed to be about helping people guys!

There is no bug. Don't unsub, down the easy boss and thank me later

Togx
01.06.2012 , 10:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jylian View Post
To help you guys, which the other elitists refuse to do, watch your debuffs.

In hard/NM modes you have to rotate people around so a clean person is clicking at all times. The debuff is short enough so you can have 3 people in a rotation doing it.
This is stupid, if you read any of the posts you would realize that the bug is that sometimes the consoles become unclickable, even if you don't have the debuff, or the consoles are clickable but nothing happens when you do click them.

I did kill this boss two days ago, we had to reset the encounter twice due to the aforementioned bugs.

Zalter
01.06.2012 , 10:29 AM | #30
If this were an intended mechanic, then you would get a message telling you as much and the encounter would reset without you being forced to exit the area and manually reset the instance.

There is however a workaround that from what I've seen thus far has proven to be 100% efficient for the 2 bugs that we've encountered.

For us it was always the northern pylon that would get greyed out after the 2nd or 3rd wheel on both pylons got finished. Another bug was the southern pylon being still accessible but not functioning after both pylons were solved on the 4th wheel.

We noticed, however that we would sometimes get the message that both pylons were finished AND that the northern pylon was waiting for the southern pylon to finish at the same time. This led me to conclude that waiting at the last step on the northern pylon and finishing each wheel of the southern pylon before the north one would function as a workaround for the issue

So far, this has proven to be 100% succesful, although the dataset is limited to 3 instances at the moment.

The difference between this and all other posted workarounds it that if true, I've established a causal mechanism, which is why this could work 100% of the time assuming there are no other bugs in the encounter.

What I would like to know from people here is:
1) is it always the north pylon being "greyed out" after wheel 2 or 3 on both pylons have completed?
2)is the bug with the pylons being still interactable but doing nothing limited to the south pylon and after wheel 4 of the northern pylon is completed?

If both these are true, then finishing the southern pylon first on all wheels will be successful all the time.
If not, then there are more than 1 bug in the encounter, which would be quite unfortunate to say the least