Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bank Statement Not Showing Purchase

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bank Statement Not Showing Purchase

IasonEvan
12.13.2011 , 11:40 PM | #1
I pre-ordered the game last Friday. My bank statement showed that the Origins.com transaction was pending and this site reflects my pre-order status. Today though before I had to go to work, my bank statement does not show the purchase as pending or having gone through, but the $5 charge is still there. What gives? Is anyone having this issue? Can someone link me to posts if any exist on this topic? Any help is greatly appreciated.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 11:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by IasonEvan View Post
I pre-ordered the game last Friday. My bank statement showed that the Origins.com transaction was pending and this site reflects my pre-order status. Today though before I had to go to work, my bank statement does not show the purchase as pending or having gone through, but the $5 charge is still there. What gives? Is anyone having this issue? Can someone link me to posts if any exist on this topic? Any help is greatly appreciated.

As per the FAQ that nobody reads, you aren't charged until the game is released (or a day or two before in some cases)
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

IasonEvan
12.13.2011 , 11:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by YurikArkady View Post
As per the FAQ that nobody reads, you aren't charged until the game is released (or a day or two before in some cases)
That doesn't change the fact that my bank statement has completely removed the charge which has nothing to do with not being charged yet. It should still be showing as pending until the charge goes through. I would hate for it to have been refunded and yet still get charged $5 for nothing.I read the FAQ and it didn't answer the question I have.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 11:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IasonEvan View Post
That doesn't change the fact that my bank statement has completely removed the charge which has nothing to do with not being charged yet. It should still be showing as pending until the charge goes through. I would hate for it to have been refunded and yet still get charged $5 for nothing.I read the FAQ and it didn't answer the question I have.

You're sure the part about the preauthorization payment doesn't answer the question you have?

The real question is, are you using a credit card? Preauthorized payments are pretty common.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.