Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Foundry, Boarding Party and Directive 7 bugs. PLEASE FIX

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Foundry, Boarding Party and Directive 7 bugs. PLEASE FIX

Mainstreams
01.04.2012 , 04:17 PM | #1
These instances have been broken since day 1.
The bulwark is Directive 7 does retarded amounts of AoE damage on normal.
Revan in The Foundry and the last boss of Boarding party.
Having to kite the last boss of boarding party through the whole instance because his reflective shield doesn't fall off.
Have me(assassin dps)taunt Revan at the perfect time and use force shroud so he doesn't one shot me and hope tank doesn't get one shot afterwards.

REALLY frustrating.

Not to mention half the Ilum dailies are bugged.
So disappointing hitting level 50 to find out half the flashpoints are bugged.

We killed all these bosses but it took forever and required means that shouldn't have been necessary.

Auilt
01.04.2012 , 05:34 PM | #2
The commander is pretty easy to kill even with a reflective shield. That encounter is perfectly winnable as it is.

I've killed Bulwark on hard mode, and if you are taking retarded amounts of AOE damage, you are probably doing the fight wrong. DPS should take almost no damage that fight.

invispoet
01.05.2012 , 12:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Auilt View Post
The commander is pretty easy to kill even with a reflective shield. That encounter is perfectly winnable as it is.

I've killed Bulwark on hard mode, and if you are taking retarded amounts of AOE damage, you are probably doing the fight wrong. DPS should take almost no damage that fight.
Bulwark is actually a fairly complex fight, you have to interrupt the proper attacks, stay out of melee range, destroy the shield generators asap, and nuke the repair droids that appear before they can repair the shield generators. There are some aoe damage spikes for melee, but it's managable (assuming you interrupt as much as possible).

Last boss of boarding party is a bit of a pain, and i havent managed to heal a clean kill on him yet, His missles seem to tear up the melee (and i usually run with an all melee group) super fast. The one time i managed a kill, we pulled the shield tech out of range of the boss, and had the dps burn him down. Then zerg the boss with all cooldowns, making sure melee stay at max melee range and spread out (for us, in a triangle formation around the boss) so the missles only hit one person. We managed to kill the boss, then the medic enraged and wiped us.

I've heard all kinds of stories of how Foundry and Battle for Ilum is bugged, so I havent tried either of them yet. False emperor isnt that bad, once you understand how each fight works....but lately the emperor has bugged out so we cant knock him off the edge...all of the knockbacks just seem to nudge him instead of actually knocking him back...we did find a way around it, but It requires an operative in the group, plus another knockback.

Leadros
01.05.2012 , 12:55 AM | #4
D7 = mechanics, learn what the enemy does and react to it and stand correct. nothing more.

Boarding party is all about positioning.

nothing wrong witht hose two on heroic.

Hessen
01.05.2012 , 01:17 AM | #5
Needing certain classes for FE is a terrible mechanic.

D7 is fine.

Foundry is bugged.

Boarding Party is hard but doable.
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

raybit
01.05.2012 , 01:45 AM | #6
Boarding party is doable but if they didnt fix chest lock (1 wipe chest stay locked), I'm not even trying to kill him, it's game breaking issue(one of several)

ContrailNZ
01.05.2012 , 01:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by raybit View Post
Boarding party is doable but if they didnt fix chest lock (1 wipe chest stay locked), I'm not even trying to kill him, it's game breaking issue(one of several)
Yeah

We just had a group wipe several times trying to figure the fight out.

Finally got him down and no loot.

Guess you dont want to do boss fights with new players since a wipe means you just wasted your time.

Deresdod
01.05.2012 , 02:05 AM | #8
Revan in the Foundry seemed stupid at the time...but knowing the fight and a tank having to actually use his tank abilities is all part of the HM's. It was cake once we figured it out.

Most people seem to feel that the progression goes like this: FP<HM FP<OP<HM OP when in fact it probablly looks more like FP<OP<HM FP<HM OP.

These are HARD encounters, as they should be.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

Yograin
01.05.2012 , 02:34 AM | #9
Boarding Party Hard chest bug cannot be connected to wiping - we wiped 5x and looted NP. Did perhaps anyone who died zone back to instance when fight was still on when it bugged for you(happened to some guildies)?

False Emperor Hard worked just fine yday two knockbacks and down he went.

Revan in Foundry we couldnt beat - does he have an emote just before he does his force lightning oneshot thingy?

Directive7 we didnt even try after normal mode when the cloning boss made like 60 clones of our healer even after dying and Bulwark killing all melee 3x in one fight(not sure here what to interrupt hope its just that). If you confirm its not bugged we will try today.

Darinford
01.05.2012 , 05:16 AM | #10
D7 hardmode is difficult. The main problem my group had was just hitting bulwark's enrage timer. The group of droids that spawn as a boss was the hardest encounter to heal since the tank couldn't grab agro. As the healer I was able to stay up with my reusable lvl 40 medkit + survival spec bodyguard (powered insulators + custom enviro suit).

The boss with the clones is cake on hardmode, and dropped a non-set lvl 50 epic for our group.

Diabolic
Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server