Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hero Engine: why?

Qoaa
01.04.2012 , 06:11 PM | #11
AMEN I have a good gaming pc

and everything is slow loading, major lag if you play for long time due to memory leak

I play a lot, being disabled it allows it haha, but after 3 hours of gameplay the game is eating over 2 gigs of ram and slows to a crawl.

oh and don't log out using quit button in game it takes FOREVER for the game client to quit.

what I do is alt tab, open task manager and end task on swtor.exe then the game instantly exits.

then i relog for another 3 hours of gameplay before the memory leak monster eats it all up again.

and this is on a SSD hard drive.

Hanni
01.04.2012 , 06:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Someone who knows of what they speak - rare on such forums.
Someone who thinks he knows of what they speak - common on such forums.

einsoff
01.04.2012 , 06:13 PM | #13
is it possible for bioware to switch the assets to a different more in-house engine at some point in the future? Or are we as players screwed.

Weeps
01.04.2012 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by einsoff View Post
is it possible for bioware to switch the assets to a different more in-house engine at some point in the future? Or are we as players screwed.
likely to be free to play before that happens. vote with your money though

Bakarn
01.04.2012 , 06:15 PM | #15
Have you ever played on any of Bioware's in house engines? You should be praising them to the high heavens for not inflicting Aurora 3 on us. Or Warcraft 4 for that matter. Something remarkable when WoW runs worse on my computer than Arkham Asylum.

salom
01.04.2012 , 06:15 PM | #16
The hilarity in all this is that dice has probably the best multiplayer game engine right now, and they did not take advantage of it (and they are in the same corporation).vl

saminaobx
01.04.2012 , 06:16 PM | #17
It the worst engine for an MMO + it doesn't have thre capacity to run the damn game.

Nemmar
01.04.2012 , 06:24 PM | #18
Wow... we sure have alot of professional programmers here. You really are programmers yes? Because otherwise theres no way you can tell what can and cant be done with this engine.

From the year i studied programming i learned that everything is possible and theres always a way to make your code more eficient. Maybe its the engine, or maybe its just a design choice they chose to rectify? We cant really tell until bioware tells us.

Enivri
01.04.2012 , 06:29 PM | #19
You can modify an engine... For a game this large I am sure they can bend it to do whatever they so wish.

klinesmoker
01.04.2012 , 06:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Wow... we sure have alot of professional programmers here. You really are programmers yes? Because otherwise theres no way you can tell what can and cant be done with this engine.

From the year i studied programming i learned that everything is possible and theres always a way to make your code more eficient. Maybe its the engine, or maybe its just a design choice they chose to rectify? We cant really tell until bioware tells us.
You doubt people's talk that paints them as programmers and then expect anyone to listen to what you say based upon your own theoretical ONE YEAR spent learning programming?

That makes me laugh.