Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Blog Post Discussion: New Year’s PvP Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trimethicon
01.04.2012 , 04:45 PM | #21
I'm not interested in more faction vs. faction PVP. Same faction Hutt Ball is only played as much as it is due to lack of opposing players.
<The Obsidian Guard>
www.TheOlderGamers.com

kaesebreze
01.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Trimethicon View Post
I'm not interested in more faction vs. faction PVP. Same faction Hutt Ball is only played as much as it is due to lack of opposing players.
Correct. And that's why Ilum without a Buff for the underpopulated faction will never work.

And btw. A simple HP/Damage scaling buff won't work. The number of CCs/Healer etc. cannot be balanced with just a HP/Damage increase.
We've seen a scaling buff in Wintergrasp in WoW, it didn't work.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."...

Evilmog
01.04.2012 , 04:52 PM | #23
I dunno about that last comment, I could almost single handedly capture or defend winter grasp with 50 stacks of that buff, as a shadow priest though...spread dots then rofl
Darth Evilmog -- Sith Warrior -- Rakata Mind Prison's token 'Crap he's on the other team'

kaesebreze
01.04.2012 , 04:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilmog View Post
I dunno about that last comment, I could almost single handedly capture or defend winter grasp with 50 stacks of that buff, as a shadow priest though...spread dots then rofl
As i said, it didn't work.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."...

Enten
01.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #25
I can't help but feel like "optimization" in regards to guard, means that it's getting nerfed.

Unless it's terribly underpowered at high levels, though I can't imagine that being the case. I'm enjoying the support for tanks in PvP, and hope to see this support continued!

Not sure about the removal of companions from Ilum, I figured companions had a perfect place in open world PvP, why not leave them? Everyone has access to one, so it's still a balanced fight.

One of the most frustrating parts of open world PvP in an MMO is the rock-paper-scissors nature of class balance. With a companion to balance out our weaknesses, it levels the playing field a bit, and makes fights more interesting, and more importantly, more skill based.

This has been my experience with open world PvP anyway.

That said, bring on the warzone selection!

alphalegend
01.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #26
as long as the modern MMO generation care more about gear than fun open world PVP, there is nothing that pvp design or mechanics can do.

illum is a great battlefield if people just decide to fight each other, who cares if you dont get super epix for a kill? it is the battle that makes it fun.

Daecollo
01.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #27
Great, might as well quit my server since level 50 PVP will be all premades and Huttball, thanks to Champion Bags RNG other level 50s will have an advantage over you.

Evilmog
01.04.2012 , 04:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by kaesebreze View Post
As i said, it didn't work.
I said almost, never said I did. Still made for a fun match up though.
Darth Evilmog -- Sith Warrior -- Rakata Mind Prison's token 'Crap he's on the other team'

imrocko
01.04.2012 , 04:56 PM | #29
Hi any fix in regards to the bug that seems to me lower rank Valor players get a higher% drop rate chance for gear in bags?

There is serveral threads in the pvp forum about this broken Rng system people opening as many as 40 bags and no gear inside at valor rank 55+ and other opening 6 bags and getting 100% items at valor rank 20 .

Please add valor requirement to all gear so we dont have to feel even worse about the rng system

thanks

Spetsnazos
01.04.2012 , 04:57 PM | #30
There is still hope.